All reviews portrait suites via condotti salvatore ferragamo spanish steps rooftop terrace deluxe studio ferragamo toiletries boutique hotel rooms are beautiful small hotel turn down service amazing hotel the entire staff eternal city dinner reservations our honeymoon heart of rome
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Our stay was perfect down to every detail. The staff was one of the most personal yet professional that I've ever come across. Great breakfast served in your room or on the beautiful roof terrace. I can not stress enough how friendly and great the staff was.

All in all, beautiful rooms, great location!

Reviewed 8 April 2016

I found this hotel on TripAdvisor and selected it for our first trip to Rome to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. We were more than "wow'd" - this was the best hotel we've ever stayed in - ever! Can't imagine a better hotel anywhere. We booked through American Express Travel (Fine Hotel & Resorts) which gave us several extra perks that were well worth it. Best of all was the upgrade when we arrived. We arrived at 10am feeling groggy after 10 hours of travel. The hotel staff had us resting in bed in our room within 15 minutes of arrival. It's surprising quiet at the hotel and we slept great. All the staff are amazing. The breakfast is out of this world. The location of the hotel is perfect! Don't even stop to consider staying at this hotel - just book it now.

One note for Americans - we came over to Italy with US iPhones that don't get cellular reception. However, because the hotel gives you a 3G iPad that you can link to your iPhone - we were able to go all over the city with the hotel iPad and stay connected back home through Facetime and iMessage texting. We were even able to Skype back to the hotel to ask questions. So glad I didn't waste time and money getting an international SIM card for my iPhone. Internet in the hotel was also excellent.

Room tip: 652 is amazing!!!!!
Date of stay: April 2016
5  Thank Justin F
Reviewed 1 April 2016

Really really impressed with the Portrait Roma - the service from the minute we walked in the door right the way to being waved off in the taxi is a level of service other hotels should aspire too.

I have been fortunate enough to stay in some lovely hotels around the world but the attention to detail in this hotel is what makes it special. From specifying your favourite drink to your preferred bedsheets or the 3g enabled wifi to use throughout your stay they have thought of everything.

The roof terrace was lovely, because there are only 14 rooms it was very private and we actually had it too ourselves with a lovely view of the spanish steps which are a few minutes walk away. The service in the bar was impressive and everything is just immaculate its discreet in your face luxury.

I asked for two shirts too be pressed and by the time I got back to the hotel it had been done and hung - along with a nice birthday treat.

I could repeat all the other reviews but I wont as I think Portrait Roma will make ones stay unique to the individual.l I will simply end a short review with my only criticism and that is too my partner for not booking here longer, it's a stunning hotel with fantastic staff and worth every penny!

oh and the location is brilliant as well!

5  Thank Benjamin86
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Our suite on the 4th floor was magnificent. The contemporary decor was very elegant, yet comfortable. The mini-bar stocked with delicious treats, and perfect coffee. The staff went above and beyond to make every element of our stay perfect: recommending delicious places to eat, making our reservations, and directing us on how to walk there. The view of the rooftops of the city center from the breakfast terrace is spectacular, a helpful perspective when trying to orient oneself. It was nearly impossible to choose between the beautiful local jams and honeys. We cannot wait to come back, and really look forward to our stay at The Lungarno in Firenze.

Room tip: The rooms without the street view are very quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ann L
Reviewed 27 March 2016

The Hotel is annexed to or part of Salvatore Ferragamo's store. All toiletries bear the name Salvatore Ferragamo and there are numerous displays of his art work throughout the room and lobbies. The hotel is near all great stores on Via Condotti and the surrounding streets with wonderful boutiques. The suite we had was large and well appointed. The bed was luxurious. Bathroom all Carrera marble with heated floor.
The staff made our vacation unforgettable. John, the manager, greeted us each day with a smile that showed his enthusiasm for his hotel. The rest of the staff showed that same enthusiasm. Alessandro checked us in and provided us with as much information as we needed. Francesca advised us on restaurants and her eyes lit up when she mentioned certain restaurants. My instincts told me she was truly inspired by a particular restaurant and wanted us to share the same culinary delight. We accepted her recommendation on our first night and it was sensational. Thereafter, Francesca was my "go to person" for dining, guided tours and late night gelato runs. Francesca made us feel like we were long time friends that were visiting. She truly cared that we enjoyed everything. Vanessa shared the same enthusiasm and catered to our needs.
When we checked in we were early and were offered to wait on the roof top restaurant to eat breakfast until our room was ready. Not unexpected because we were at the hotel at 10:00AM which was way before check in time.
Alessia greeted us on the roof top restaurant and we felt her warmth right away. My wife and her quickly complimented each other on the beaded bracelets each of them were wearing and they explained what each beaded bracelet stood for.
Throughout our stay we had breakfast on the roof. The view and ambience is very good. The food was fresh and the servers were personable and efficient. On the day we were to check out we had an early flight so we ordered breakfast in the room. We had to leave our breakfast order on a card outside our room door on the door knob. Instead of checking the pre printed boxes indicating want we wanted for breakfast I wrote, "Alessia, you know what we like so please bring us breakfast". Sure enough at 7:15 AM Alessia knocks on the door and brings in what we normally ate for breakfast. Alessia then whispered, Please give this to your wife. It was a beaded bracelet with a very touching note. Apparently when we first arrived my wife commented that she liked the beaded bracelet Alessia was wearing. I called my wife over and Alessia and her hugged and said arrivederci.

That was our experience at Portrait Roma..Thank you to all that made our stay in Rome a memorable visit.

• Trip type: Travelled with family