See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2018

The best characteristic of this hotel is the position. You can reach by foot some restaurant, the Olympic stadium and the Ponte Milvio.
My room was quite limited in space although it was with a matrimonial bed. In general the place is clean. People I met were very kind and ready to help.

Very nice the terrace where the breakfast is served. Not very high but enough to begin to taste the charme of Rome

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Very basic hotel, small rooms no possibility to work/no desk, but nice and clean. Very traditional building with restaurants and bars nearby (100m).

Continental breakfast, friendly staff who all speak English

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We stayed here for 5 nights to watch the Longines Grand Prix show jumping at the Stadio dei Marmi - an easy walk to the stadium was our main criterion and it was a gentle 10 minute stroll away. So, we were immediately happy with the location - but that just got better. The hotel pointed us to an excellent fish restaurant (Molo10) just 100 meters away while in the other direction there was an enoteca that was an Aladdin's cave of Italian wine that also served food. The first good impression was made by the helpful, friendly reception staff who throughout our stay couldn't do enough for us, the second by our room which was large, had a big balcony and looked out towards the spectacular Parrocchia Gran Madre di Dio. The room was clean and quiet with a comfortable bed and for once there were coat hangers to spare. The fairly typical breakfast was upstairs with a roof terrace - same view as the room more or less. One thing about this hotel is that it is some distance from the historic center of Rome in a non-tourist suburb which we hadn't visited before but which was ideal for our purposes and the hotel Farnesina was the best value for money place we stayed in during our 2 1/2 week trip that culminated in the showjumping grand prix. The Olympic stadium is next to the Stadio dei Marmi and a couple of major football games were hosted during our stay. The area got lively, sure enough, but we didn't find ourselves having to run the gauntlet of drunken supporters and the buzz was really enjoyable - probably more to do with how Italians treat alcohol, unlike us Brits. At the bottom of the road is the pedestrian Ponte Milvio and a little further on over the Tiber is the MAXXI National Museum of XXI Century Arts, so there is plenty to do around here without tangling with the historic center crowds. No wifi problems - the best of the whole trip.
Call me a cheapskate, but the cost of this hotel and the fact that the showjumping in Rome is completely free for spectators (programmes and all) made this a cheaper, far more fun and convenient deal than staying in Chelsea to watch the English leg of the Longines grand prix. We will be going to this hotel again next September - it's a no-brainer!

Room Tip: The balcony was fun.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I recently stayed at the Farnesina Hotel last week, and I was left with a great impression. I was in a corner room with a huge balcony overlooking the street. I recommend room 207 (beautiful view and big room). The shower was very strange, it was hard to find a good temperature, but not impossible. Breakfast was good, a wide selection of food (toast, eggs, yogurt) and of course coffee. I typically ordered a cappuccino and ate an egg with fruit. The staff was amazing, always eager to make sure that I was happy. Any cons to the hotel are greatly outweighed by the friendliness of the staff. They were amazing and always eager to help. The staff at the Hotel Farnesina is what I wished the staff at all hotels would be like. The WIFI was terrible, but I had an international plan on my phone, so I would keep that in mind.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and view of church
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Dirty and old rooms. They are also very small. wi-fi does not work properly, breakfast is poor and extremely low quality, well, I just don't see how they can still be open... Don't come to this place!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business