1,009 results
All reviews converted monastery santa croce roof terrace unique hotel beautiful church carlo felice holy cross san giovanni metro station minute walk yogurt tram stop rooms are basic cold meats top floor coffee machine lounge area place to sleep
Reviewed 16 August 2018

I knew from other reviews and the price that it was going to be basic and it was. However the website pictures don't show just how basic. We were in room 101 and it was dull and noisy as it was near the lift. The beds were hard and the furniture was sparse but hey why am I complaining it is an ex monastery!! Breakfast was basic but adequate for what we paid. Its not too far from the San Giovanni metro but there's a lot of people sleeping rough in the area so it didn't feel too safe out late at night. There is a supermarket across the road and a great little cafe Ciabattini from which we would get wine and a takeaway and eat it on the hotels rooftop garden area. For a more traditional meal the nearby small family run Trattoria Pizzeria da Mario was excellent value & food. All in all it was alright but I think I'm getting to an age (55) where I need a little more comfort.

Room Tip: Don't accept 101
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Iluvtovisit
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I got few things to say about my stay .First guest house next door to amazing historic places.Great location very easy to get around Rome by public transport or even walking.Room enough for staying as sightseeing.In room everything u need for like week stay .Breakfast good nothing to complain about.All staff very nice and helpful amazing hospitality very good.So me and my mum was very happy to stay in this hotel and all come to very nice surprise as my mum Birthday present .;)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ilona G
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Well what can I say,...it's not 5* but come on the building is amazing,it's located very close to the metros....we had a superior room!!!.....good size, bathroom is basic, beds were ok, windows huge!!!!!...staff very friendly, breakfast very odd!! But was ok, not really continental as we know things ,

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Neat little place. The appliances weren't working and maybe think about letting the wi fi to reach the rooms too. The current WiFi doesn't go beyond the common areas. The staff is courteous and helpful.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Wow.. what can I say..what a lovely, beautiful, historical, wonderful quirky hotel. Ok so the room was basic but it had everything you needed.. en suite bathroom with a great shower and a hair dryer. Bed (which was one of the comforts hotel beds that I have ever slept in ), wardrobe, safe, fridge, air con, shutters for the Windows, tv, mirror and phone. Loads of cafes, restaurants, a supermarket and the tram stop where all nearby. The number 3 tram takes you into the centre of Rome and back and on the way back it stops right outside the hotel.. :-) . The staff were all lovely and very helpful if you had any queries and questions. Breakfast is a continental one and that was ok for me, which meant I could pick and choose what I wanted for breakfast everyday. The hotel doesn't have a bar but that's not a problem because we just went to the supermarket and got some beers, then put them in the fridge back in our hotel room and at the end of the day took them up to the wonderful roof terrace and just sat up there, looking out over Rome and watching the sun go down. Hopefully planning another trip to Rome to see all the things that I didn't get to see this time and this is the hotel that I will be staying in again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple