“Sightseeing in a easy and knowledgeable way”

A Friend In Rome Tours
Ranked #48 of 874 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: "A Friend in Rome" is a new personal way to build up YOUR tour! The itinerary is discussed and created with you, based on a deep knowledge of the city of Rome and an informal friendly attitude to let you feel at ease. The tour is private just for your and your party, at your pace and focused on what you are really interested in seeing and enjoying in town!From now on, you too have a friend in Rome!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I initially contacted Friend in Rome before I left home to set up private tours for my family with limited time in Rome. Silva fitted in what we wanted to see within our time frame with ease. She gave excellent instructions how to obtain tickets online and when we had trouble obtaining tickets she did the work for us. Her services were excellent. Bith Silva and Valero were knowledgeable and shared history without overpowering us with too many dates etc. They knew when the best times were to go visit without huge crowds overpowering us. They suggested places to eat. I highly recommend that Friend in Rome is the best tour company that one could connect for a positive experience in Rome.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"roman holiday"
"roman history"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"trevi fountain"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had the great fortune of booking with Silvia and A Friend in Rome for private tours for a small family trip to Rome. We were a party of six and could be challenging due to age and illness (ages up to 90!). Silvia was amazing! She was knowledgeable, interesting and fun. In addition, she was flexible with our group and adapted to our needs ( as well as anticipated our needs). We started with a walking tour to get acclimated to a Rome upon our arrival, toured the Vatican and Sistine Chapel as well as visited catacombs along the Appian Way. We did a lot of walking but she also accommodated us when we needed to rest or ride (or an espresso and gelato!). All members in our group found her personable and professional. Definitely recommend Silvia and her company for touring Rome!

1  Thank Susie P
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

My 72 year old Mum and 13 year old daughter visited Rome and two weeks before they went my Mum expressed a discomfort at sorting themselves out with tours.

Mum Google’s tours and found this fabulous company. I emailed them and told them the days they were there and they came back very quickly with a proposed itinerary and prices.

The tours aren’t cheap but when you start looking into it they aren’t much more than if you book it yourself and get a guide there.

It’s great because they tell you which tickets to book and the links and then they meet you in a designated place and away you go.

My mum and daughter had Gioia and she met them all three days.

Absolutely fantastic!!! Book!!!

1  Thank 123ewhite
Reviewed 8 June 2018

I organised a Roman tour for an Australian client from at end of May and I was very impressed by the "Friend in Rome services! I managed to join Silvia with my client one morning and was highly impressed by the knowledge and information which was provided throughout the tour. Everything was flexible and designed to fulfil everyones needs and wants with small breaks for coffee and a snack. If you are looking for something more personal and want to know about the history of the eternal city from a local source look no further. They really know what they are doing, and you will not regret booking and organising your holiday with them :) Will definitely book with you guys again for my next tour, thanks again and until next time!

Nastassja

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 June 2018

My husband and I did a 10 day tour of Italy and only had a day and a half to see as much of Rome as possible. We were lucky to be referred to Silvia at a Friend in Rome. From the first email, Silvia was quick to respond and offered wonderful ideas for a custom tour of the city. We wanted to tour the "must-sees" (e.g., the Colosseum, the Vatican, etc.) but also wanted to visit some areas where the residents of Rome frequent to get a better understanding of the local culture. We're big foodies, so when she mentioned touring the local food market, we knew we found our tour.

We spent our first afternoon in Rome with Luca touring the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Luca was so knowledgeable, but also just a fun person to spend an afternoon with. It was the highlight of the trip for my husband. Luca took tons of photos for us and made recommendations of where we should go after our tour for dinner and drinks and to see some of the local squares.

We met Silvia the next morning for a quick tour of the Vatican before heading out to see the "real" Rome. As a Roman native, she knew everything there was to know about the city and presented the information in an approachable way. We truly felt like we made a friend in Rome while walking around the city with Silvia. I highly recommend her company and tours.