“Dinner for two in the most magical place”
Review of Hotel Hassler

Hotel Hassler
Ranked #24 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We had the chance to stay at the Hassler this December. Much has been written about this fabulous hotel, so I will just focus on one element that was truly magical. We had a room on the 7th Floor (accessible via a separate elevator at the end of the entrance hall). The room was of course spectacular. Equally spectacular is the small terrace that is located on the 7th floor. Even though it was December and the evening temperature was plunging down to the freezing point, we asked about having dinner for two on the terrace. The staff at the Hassler were extremely accommodating. They prepared a wonderful dinner table overlooking the city at night with spectacular views toward Vatican City. Two space heaters kept us warm and cozy, although a blanket/coat were of course also helpful.

We got the full service treatment great Oysters, Steak, and an unforgettable Tiramisu. The wine selection was just perfect. We stayed a good two hours and had the entire place to ourselves. I could not imagine a more magical place. Thank you!

Room Tip: There are a few rooms on the 7th Floor - great privacy!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boehmer2016
HotelHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to share your experience.

It was nice to get your positive feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the dinner on the terrace and I would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Kindest regards,

President and Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

The Hassler is a historic luxury hotel with top-notch service, a spectacular view of Rome and the best Michelin Restaurant where I have ever eaten. I was spoiled with all of the perks one receives as an American Express Platinum Member which included a free upgrade, free internet, free breakfast, a $100 credit and early check in and late check out. I stayed there on the advise of a friend who is a world traveler and I am really looking forward to staying there again soon. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms are beautifully appointed. Those with a view of the Spanish Steps have a spectacular view with...
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome.

It is indeed our constant aim to make our guests feel at home and to render their stay as memorable and comfortable as possible, so you can imagine my gratitude when guests take the time to share your review with positive ratings.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Located at the top of the Spanish steps, Historical Hassler Hotel provides one of the best panoramic views of beautiful Rome, enjoyed from the 7th floor terrace. Located within walking distance of historical sites and shopping venues, the hospitable staff of this unique hotel make for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Get ready for upward walks into luxury.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ibrahim A

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for your lovely note of appreciation.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your note about the view, the location, and our service, gave me great satisfaction and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2017

My daughter and I stayed at the beautiful Hotel Hassler for a weekend. From check-in to check-out the hotel was absolutely perfect. Wonderful staff, fantastic location right on the Spanish Steps, and a luxurious room was enjoyed. Special thanks to the hotel staff for all their help and recommendations for our perfect stay in Rome.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Eternal City!

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share with us your satisfaction concerning your recent stay with us.

All comments and remarks I receive from my clients, are very much appreciated and a necessary tool to understand if I succeed in my aim to render each and every stay as memorable and enjoyable as possible. In this specific instance, I am happy to be able to ascertain that this goal has been accomplished.

On a closing note, I hope the future holds in store another opportunity for you to return to the Hassler.

Kindest regards

Presidente e Direttore Generale

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

The Hassler Hotel is absolutely the most perfect place to stay in Rome at Christmas time. From the moment you are welcomed into the beautifully decorated foyer Christmas begins. Positioned as it is at the top of the Spanish Steps the atmosphere all around and in the Piazza di Spagna below is fabulous. We spent four lovely nights there last Christmas and enjoyed every moment. We had a stylish and spacious room with views over the rooftops of Rome towards the Vatican, and we have to thank the reservations department for all the helpful information they gave us when making our booking, especially as it was through LHW. Christmas lunch in Imago was very memorable, for the spectacular views as well as the food, and special too was a Christmas night walk to the Trevi fountain, with all the wonderful sights of Rome being so close by. If you had overdone things there was even an electric car organised by the excellent concierge team, which would drop and collect you close by - especially helpful if you didn’t want to tackle the steps on your return! There is so much more I could say, but I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Would we return ? - In an instant !

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your comments.

I have taken good note of your opinion and I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the view from the rooftop, your acommodation and the staff attention and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

I would also like to thank you for your compliments in regards to our panoramic restaurant Imàgo.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Kind regards,