“Excellent Choice for a Romantic Roman Weekend”
Review of Mario de' Fiori 37

Mario de' Fiori 37
Ranked #22 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 28 April 2015

The Mario de Fiori is one of three small luxury hotels near to the Spanish steps. In a city of baroque extravagance and ancient antiques, the Mario has modern, sleek design. All white paint and wooden floors. We stayed in a junior suite on the first floor and appreciated the extra space. The real surprise was how quiet the room was, many hotels with rooms overlooking the small busy streets must have to deal with street noise, however the sleep quality here was high. As was the thread count in the sheets. There are excellent restaurants in the streets around the hotel. Ask at the check in desk for recommendations and don't be afraid to be very specific about what you like and don't like. We went to a very lively local restaurant one night with OK food and great atmosphere and a top seafood restaurant on our other night with excellent food but no other diners. Both were good in their own way.

My only (half) star removal would concern breakfast. There is no restaurant at the hotel. So either you walk around 10 minutes to the sister hotel and have a excellent buffet breakfast on their cool roof terrace or you have a small breakfast in your room. In my fantasy Roman hotel I would have the breakfast buffet in situ without the walk. Overall however, a beautiful hotel with a very high attention to detail. Erring on the generous side, I will go for five stars.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrismcl
RomeLuxurySuites, Direttore at Mario de' Fiori 37, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2015

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your thorough review of Mario de’ Fiori 37.

We are thrilled that you have specifically noted the details of the suite at Mario de’ Fiore 37 as it was designed to the highest standards. We set our standard at creating a luxurious yet relaxing get away and thank you for the five-star review.

We hope to welcome you back for another stay soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We stayed for a long weekend in the rooftop suite and the stay surpassed my expectations.

The room was lovely and, though not huge, was quite quirky in its layout, which made it a wonderful romantic retreat from the busy streets below. You're in the rafters, so there's no view to speak of, but then the rest of Rome provides that.

The location is fantastic. For those wanting to see the sites, then the big attractions of the Centro Storico (eg Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain) are all very walkable. The Spanish Steps are about 1 minute away, and the Piazza del Popolo less than 10. You are right in the middle of the luxury boutique shopping area, but right next to one of the main shopping streets - if you know London, then think Bond Street meets Oxford Street - so high-end window shopping and actual affordable shopping are both on your doorstep.

And the area is crammed with lots of good restaurants, the pick of which are highlighted in the lovely (and very useful) little guide the owner has written.

It is a very lively area, but I have to say we were never disturbed by any noise from the street, and would in fact say the location was an oasis of tranquility away from the bustle of the via del Corso and Spanish Steps. This might be a benefit of the top floor, though...

When you need to travel further afield then there is the metro for getting to the Colosseum or the Vatican.

Finally a big thank you must go to the concierges who were all very helpful from the start, from arranging flowers for my wife's birthday to booking restaurants for us in the evening. They were extremely helpful and friendly and made a special stay even more special.

Room Tip: Rooftop suite great. Quiet and quirky, but has a few steps that not everyone will appreciate.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PPS
RomeLuxurySuites, Direttore at Mario de' Fiori 37, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thorough review of Mario de’ Fiori 37.

I am very pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations. It’s wonderful to hear that the rooftop suite provided a romantic retreat for you and your wife as our suites were designed to the highest standards.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff and I am delighted to hear that they made your trip to Rome even more special. I will be sure to share your comments with them. I’m also glad you enjoyed our central location, close to the Spanish steps - immersed right in the middle of great restaurants, shops and major attractions.

It would be a pleasure to have you back to celebrate yet another special occasion.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

I had an amasing weekend with my mother in Rome and we really enjoyed the Hotel Mario di Fiori!

We arrived and had been a little confused by the "normal" entrance, but the first floor and the rooms are made with love and are super cute!!!

Big thanks to Giuseppe helping us with the TV :))

We will come back for sure!!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Dear Lara,

Thank you for your review of Mario de’ Fiori 37.

I am happy to hear you love our rooms as they were designed with comfort and relaxation in mind. It’s great to know that Giuseppe was able to help out with the TV and I will share your comment with him.

Please let us know when you plan your next trip - we love welcoming back our return customers.

Reviewed 9 April 2015

Great location,very comfortable room and facilities.
Particularly helpful staff . We thank Giuseppe for his kindness and assistance.
Highly recommended.
The location for breakfast and drinks close by and very pleasant.

Room Tip: central to Spagna, restaurants,shopping etc
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
RomeLuxurySuites, Direttore at Mario de' Fiori 37, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2015

Dear Margaret,

We appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay at Mario de’ Fiori 37.

I’m pleased to hear that our staff, and our location exceeded your expectations which is what we strive to accomplish. Thank you also for acknowledging Giuseppe and we will be sure to share your comments with him.

We hope you’ll return again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2015

The rooms are very stylish and lovely. The location is outstanding and we were able to see all the sights within easy walking distance. The little booklet provided by the owner is outstanding and a really lovely touch. We went to a couple of the restaurants recommended in the booklet and they proved to be fantastic.
My only concerns are that the smaller rooms can get very hot and opening a window at night is not an option because of the noise outside. The problem is that the AC could not be turned on because it was on a central setting which was on a heating setting as it was deemed to be winter/early spring. As such, the very helpful staff, couldn't turn on the AC for us as it would mean doing the same for every other room. Bit of a pain and made for an uncomfortable sleep on a couple of nights.
Also, the roof leaked! Very unfortunate as I think the rain only affected our room as it was under an exposed part of the building. Luckily, we were moved to a junior suite which had been newly renovated and was absolutely lovely. In fact, I would recommend that anyone looking to stay here should try to book a suite and they are quite luxurious.
All in all a mixed stay but overall I would say the staff are excellent and the rooms themselves are pretty.

Room Tip: Go for a junior suite - it's more spacious
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

My thanks for writing a review about your stay at Mario de' Fiori, 37. I'm happy you enjoyed the stylish rooms, central location and attentive staff.

I want to personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your room. We have had an unusual Spring in Rome - very wet, with periods of heat. It's unfortunate some errant water found it's way to your room and the temperature was not as you desired. I can assure you that we’ve had the roof checked and it's now all in order. I am glad you then had the chance to stay in one of our newer suites.

I hope you give us the chance to host you again on your next trip to Rome!

Kind regards,