“Vatican and City Tour”

Starline Tours
Ranked #773 of 864 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Starline Tours is a comprehensive reputed Tour Agency in Rome. It located just closed to the Vatican city. We're skilled for guided tours in around Rome.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had very positive experience with Starline Tours. One of the tour guides name Luqman was super helpful and friendly. He went above and beyond to satisfy us. Will recommend.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Terrible!!! They stoped us on the street. Told us that normaly we would have to wait in 2 hours waiting line to Museum and Sixteen Chaple and then another 2 hours line to St. Peter Basilic. That they price is 55 euro per person and normal price is 44 euro.
They also told us that without guied we will not be able to go from Sixteen Chaple directly to St. peters basilic which is not true!!!
Do not pay to these people!!! We paied 55 euros. We had to wait two hours anyway... also they told us that it will be small group of 15 people but there was 50 people in the end...
Better is wait in the line, paied 20 EUR per ticket and go by yourself to museum, sixteen chaple and st. peter basilic. Do not belive them that you have to go to another line to st. Peters basilic it is not true. you can go from sixteen chaple for free, nobody will stop you.
The entrance to St. Peter Basilic is free.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I did nit plan to take a tour. But the queue was too long. Thank you to Roman for enrolling me at the tour and Alla for a fantastic and interesting tour of the Vatican museum.

Спасибо большое Роману который убедил меня на тур и огромное спасибо Алле за потрясающую экскурсию. Это было интересно и увлекательно, даже учитывая что время было ограничено.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

On our last day in Rome, we planned to visit the Vatican City. It was late afternoon and we were heading up when we were approached by a man from Maya tours who informed us that the last entry was in 10mins (4pm). He offered a guided tour which would allow us entry to see everything in 2 hours for €40 each. As it was our last day and with the last entry in 10mins we thought “why not”.

The man took us to Starline tours where we paid and were given a red sticker to indicate we were English speaking. Another gentleman then escorted us to the main entrance and we were waiting for 10mins for the tour guide to turn up. He made several phone calls and eventually a lady turned up with our entry tickets and told us to go inside and the tour guide would meet us upstairs of the museum.

We headed up and didn’t see anyone. It weren’t very busy either. We even asked someone who had no idea and were looking around and waiting for half an hour.

Eventually we googled Starline and called them. The man said someone should be there and to look for them, but we didn’t know who we were looking for! I demanded a refund and he said to come back to the office and helpfully said he closes in 5mins and said we could go back inside after. Of course we could not go back in when that was the last entry!

I went back fuming as it was our last day and it was totally wasted because the tour guide did not turn up. The woman and man behind the counter apologised and said it was not their fault, that they had used a third party tour guide. She said she would give me my money back but at that point I wanted compensation for wasting my time and demanded to see the manager.

The manager, a Bangladeshi man, was of no help either. The compensation he offered was to come back in the morning and he’d give us the guided tour for free. (This was after I told him that my flight home was in the morning). He then told me to come back to Rome and see him and he’d offer it for free again. That’s what you call logical.

Then the “guide” turned up (the clown in the picture) who told me it was my fault that I should’ve gone up another level to meet him (yes, because I really know my way around somewhere I’ve never been before) even though the woman initially told us to go upstairs. He was very rude and patronising, telling me how he’s Italian and that this is his country and how normally we would not even be given a refund.

For your own sanity, do not give Starline or their pathetic staff another glance. Go and buy your tickets at the door which is a fraction of the price and purchase the headphones.

1  Thank PiBi88