All reviews junior suite massive terrace great modern hotel minute walk pastries train station room service is port area minor issue nice room main road reception staff were very helpful jacuzzi bath breakfast was included on foot homeless people stayed here for nights
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We used the Palazzo Salgar as as Napoli base for our tour destinations. Great location between the Termini and the Port of Naples. The room was clean, but a little squeezy with the extra single bed for 3 persons. The staff were super helpful whenever called upon. The breakfast provided superb. And a big shout-out to Luigi for the coffee and mojitos provided to my sister and I. We loved the people and, of course, the magherita pizzas of Napoli

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Excellent Suite room. Very good bed. Lack of commodities in the bathroom. Wonderful fitness room and hammam/sauna spaces. Book the spa privately with you partner. Be careful when you book a room in the hotel. It may charge your debit card 24h prior to your arrival !

Room Tip: Book the Suite
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Very clean rooms. Room cleaning as well works perfect. Delicious breakfast. Reachable to city center by walking. Receptionists are very friendly and trying to solve any problem without hesitating. Good price performance ratio.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for our holiday as we needed a base to explore the surrounding area. It’s very clean and the staff were extremely helpful.

We were just bed & breakfast as we were out all day but we did eat here on our first and last night. The dinner menu is very limited but it’s fine if you’re prepared for it. Breakfast is plentiful and full of choice.

The room is spacious with wardrobe space and a safe. We didn’t hear any noise at night and the air con in the room is great.

This hotel is situated right on the port so the area is pretty run down but a short walk to the west, past the castles, and you’re in a nicer area with shops, bars and restaurants.

This hotel is definitely a diamond in the rough and I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arlenemain
Reviewed 2 September 2018

On our last night in Italy, we stayed at the Palazzo Salgar hotel. This is a very modern hotel with very friendly staff & wonderful accommodations. The rooms are a bit small, but I understand this is normal by European standards. However, the room was very very clean & this hotel is "green" which I find very much to my liking. Several of my group decided to have dinner at the hotel restaurant which was very nice. The wait staff did have a little difficulty with the language barrier, but in the end, we got mostly what we ordered.

Since my travel group was being picked up at 2:30AM for a 6AM flight, the hotel provided sack breakfasts for all of us. As far as I know, there was no cost associated with this. I found this extra special in going above & beyond what would be normal customer service.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in & around Naples.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends