See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2016

I stayed in a single bedroom without bathroom. There was a little sink in the room, but it kept leeking.
It is a small family run place and they say that the furniture has been renovated, but I have seen nothing of the kind. The pictures you see on their website are not representative! The lounge has a very old couch set wich is used by the owner to sleep on. There is no tv in the cheapest rooms. The one in the lounge is at least 20 years old. Wifi works only in the lounge area. It is very clear that nothing nice has been done to or for the place in a long time. The old owner likes beautiful women, so he says. He was openly flirting with me wich I found very inappropriate. Smoking is prohibited in the building, but I smelled sigarette smoke coming from everywhere. The toilet was badly lit and not clean. I did not even try to find the shower. There is no elevator!! There was no airconditioning of fan in the very hot room. The only positieve thing to say about this place is that it is just a few steps away from Piazza Garibaldi train station. Need a place to stay for one night, this will do I guess. To stay more than one is pure masochism.This place imho does not deserve even one star. Most hostels I have stayed in were better.

Room tip: Try not to get a room one one of the higher floors, you will have to carry your bags yourself!
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Namaste074
Reviewed 1 April 2016

To be fair, I (male) personally would have spent a night here with only minor hesitation. But girls be aware.

Since we are checking out at about 3AM, I picked a this place because it is cheaper, but after my girlfriend saw the room at 7PM when we checked in, I could tell she was really fighting to hold back her true feeling about this place because we are trying to save a little money.

Honestly, I didn't feel super safe here either, but given the price, I would have still stayed for a night I guess. I mean our room door looked so flimsy that any drunk could have bust his way in. Floor is dirty, bathroom is dim, and wall paints near the floor had begun to peel off. Room feels humid too. I said I might stay here because the bed sheets looked clean enough I guess. I don't see any obvious no no on the sheets, and it smelled like it has been cleaned. But my girlfriend was still really worried about the bed bugs, so I decided it was not worth the risk.

Since my girlfriend actually felt unsafe here, we ended up not staying (still paid for it) and went to a different hotel. We did, however, got our city tax back from the owner because he said since we are not staying there, we don't pay city tax.

Also, the service is okay. The owner (I guess, he was about 60ish and nice enough) tried to help us (a small favor, but still) even after learning we will not be staying there. He seem decent enough that I felt better about that place.

Room tip: Be aware, this might be a 0.5 to 1 star hotel in my standard.
Date of stay: March 2016

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2015

The hotel staff is very friendly, the hotel is a bit old but has its own character, location is very central - you can walk everything in the centre by foot, the money is definetly worth it

Thank you again!