“A lot of hype for something easily missed.”
Review of Metro Art

Metro Art
Ranked #40 of 789 things to do in Naples
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The «Art Stations» along Line 1 of the underground in Naples, managed by ANM Azienda Napoletana Mobilità, the public transport company, are the result of a project by the municipal administration in Naples. They have inaugurated a new way of devising transit areas which combines architecture and art. The architectures were designed by internationally famous architects, each station has its own stylistic features and was designed specifically for the area it would serve. At the same time, under the artistic coordination by Achille Bonito Oliva, 200 site specific works of art by 90 protagonists of contemporary art have been placed inside and outside the stations.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Saw some information on the metro art online and then had a city tour guide say every station on a particular line had some.

Thought to myself, that sounds fun. I will do the rounds through the stations and take my picture by each.

Quickly googled the top 10 to see where I should start.

Found the best and off I ran.

After buying my ticket, spending 15 minute s trying to find it, I finally saw a group of Chinese tourists taking pictures.

The moment I had been waiting for, number 1 of metro art.

...........

Uh.......

Seriously.......

Took a picture, went to the number rated metro art and then left.

What a waste of time.

Picture attached. The picture makes it look considerably better than it is.

Don't get me wrong, it's better being there than not. But leave it to the commuters to enjoy.

1  Thank TiC33
"underground"
in 3 reviews
"beauty"

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I have read about this project and wanted to experience it. We took one morning, got on Linea 1 and went all the way to the end of the line. Coming back we got off at every station and walked to see what art was done at that station. Not every station had art (yet?). This was great fun and we used the free travelling with our card thus it didn't cost us anything.
I was so impressed with the ideas for each station. It also seems that the stations that have been upgraded are being respected more by the users. Tthey seem cleaner in a way. But wasnt that the idea
Universita with it's words is impressive, Toledo with the purple/blue tiling is wow and of course Municipio reminds us of the history of Naples.
This is a must do

1  Thank RenateV169
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Who's thought that under the surface of the city of Napoli is hidden such a beauty. A spectacular modern design of some underground's stations. Don't miss Toledo & Universita stations.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

I visited three stations on Line one, Garibaldi, Universita and Toledo, and all I can say is wow. I loved them, and wish I’d had time to visit more. All metro stops should be like this. What a treat.

1  Thank missg09