All reviews chicken salad painted murals older property people watching italy tour great place for lunch centrally located hotel oldest hotel pretty rooms gelato designer stores complimentary breakfast is the hotel reception an iron nice hotel capri town coffee machine
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

As much as I travel, never seen such a bad service! First, I was asking for a room with a special floor, and they said the room I’ve got is the only one available. 2. The safe box didn’t have a key and they didn’t found one, so they have offered to move to another room- with a floor I have requested (!!), but we have already unpacked..3. Concierge. I have no idea, why this position even exists in this hotel. when I asked to book me a beach- he just laughed and said everything is fully booked and I must be crazy. They were even not able to book me a restaurant I requested. 4. When I asked at the reception to talk to the manager, they told me he is not here, and his vice manager is busy (though he was just sitting there), and will call me- nobody has called. 5. The restaurant. I have just ordered some drinks and was waiting from my husband, who came back with the half of the little ice-cream what he was about to finish. The waitress told us that it’s forbidden to eat ice-cream at the outside bar and we have to leave. 6. The restaurant manager told us it’s not their fault as the general manager gave them those rules. And it was our fault as we were eating ice cream. « You don’t come to the restaurant with your own spaghetti » she said. She didn’t offer us any other option, neither tried to make our stay pleasant, after I told her that we don’t feel comfortable anymore to return to the restaurant. She said that she can’t help with that.
And it’s only our second day...

Stayed: August 2018
Giovanni M, Direttore generale at Hotel La Palma, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear guest, we are very sorry that your stay experience did not meet your expectations due to some episodes that he said uncomfortable. Regarding the possibility of eating at the tables of our bar, products / ice creams not purchased from us, it is a civil rule that allows us to guarantee a free seat for the guests who want to consume our products. However, we will verify what was reported and as always we take note of the comments to improve ourselves. Best regards.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I recommend this hotel for the location, ambience and location. The breakfast is very good and the staff are very kind and helpful. I would like to mention the concierge Antonio who is very professional and efficient.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Giovanni M, Direttore generale at Hotel La Palma, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience at La Palma Capri. See you soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch in this restaurant . Great outside seating with friendly staff. Food was good and price was good too. Waitress made a mistake for our order but corrected as quickly as possible.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hiritos
Giovanni M, Direttore generale at Hotel La Palma, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience at our Restaurant Relais La Palma. See you soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed there for two nights at the end of Globus Travels taste of Italy tour. Very nice clean comfortable room. The staff was lovely and extremely helpful. This was probably the nice room we stayed in.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Shocked beyond belief how disgusting the food was in here. Over priced, precooked and tasteless.

It’s a great shame because the hotel is absolutely spot on with great design and beautiful bar area with nice outdoor seating with scenery.

I really believe these guys don’t care what they serve you. They’re probably under the impression people are hungry and they’ll pay the price for some basic tasteless food.

Below is meant to be beef cotoletta with skinny fries and salad. Instead it was a bashed up piece of beef which was battered like a sausage from a fish and chip shop, also over cooked gopping chunky chips, something you’d expect from a road cafe near Blackpool. It tasted awful.

Next to it is the carbonara, this was tasteless and bland. The pancetta was super hard too, if fired this through a rifle barrel, it would’ve penetrated skin!

The backstreets are where to eat here in Capri, spend an extra few euros and taste the food you’re buying.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Giovanni M, Direttore generale at Hotel La Palma, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear guest,
we are really very sorry for his disappointment regarding the food he had the chance to try in our restaurant. The same care and attention that has pleasantly noticed and appreciated in our hotel, we certainly try to put it in all the services offered, including restaurant.
Thank you for reporting that will certainly help us get better and better !.