“Birthday Treat Holiday”

Price range: US$1 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Gelateria Sorrentina was born from the experience of 3 generations of our family who worked in the art of ice cream making. From 1860 the Gargiulo family have been leaders in the field of Ice Cream production.Our family story Our family story was born from milk, having always started with the very best cows thereby producing the perfect raw materials. To make the very finest products we use only the best Italian ingredients: pistachio from Etna, hazelnuts from Piemonte, coffee from Naples, vanilla from Bourbon etc. These tastes remain the same generation after generation, ensuring the production of the very best home made ice cream.
Reviewed 7 November 2018

If you love ice cream, then what better place than Italy! We visited Antica Gelatetia three times, wish we'd visited more! Incredible ice cream, lots of flavours, including what Sorrento is famous for, lemon. I tried Ferrero Rocher, full of chocolate & pieces of Ferrero, also had Caramel, and on our third day, lemon, much more of a sorbet but intensely lemon! The owner was enthusiastic and friendly, and you were offered a free taste of anything you fancied. The Gelateria also has its own baking school, where the waffle cones are made, far superior to our British waffles!! The Signora invited us to sit in the outside restaurant and enjoy our ice creams. By the time of our departure, we were hugging and kissing our goodbyes. Fully recommend, don't miss a treat!

1  Thank maggiw1979

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were taking in the sights and sounds of Sorrento when we happened upon this wonderful place for gelato and cappuccino! Absolutely delicious! Everything we tried was fantastic! I had the medium cup which is 3 generous servings and my wife only wanted one serving g which was also generous. The owner is lovely and very helpful and friendly. Her staff are also exceptional just like her. They make you feel at home and welcome! We went back the next day for more and had a lovely time sitting outside at their tables! I highly recommend this wonderful place of hospitality.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We had a medium cup and the portion sizes were generous. The waiter was very friendly and the ice cream was amazing! Wide choice of flavours as well. Would strongly recommend!

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I had the yummiest dairy free chocolate orange gelato from here and went back for seconds! You can tell it’s home made and has so much flavour! So many options to choose from and lots of sorbets if your dairy free. Desserts looked good too although we didn’t try.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Visited today when we stumbled across this down a back alley in the middle of thunder storm but well worth it. The staff were lovely allowing me to sit downstairs as I couldn’t get upstairs. They had the best gelato I’ve tasted and so many flavour choices. We decided to take out some cannoli which we’d never tried before and they were delicious too. We’ll be back for sure before we leave Sorrento.