Review Highlights
Delightfully amazing!

I booked Villa Ida for a cooking lesson for my group of 18 guests on a culinary tour from Rome to... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2018
Williamaye
Asheville, North Carolina
Outstanding Experience

My husband and I had the pleasure of being part of an amazing cooking lesson last week... read more

Reviewed 27 October 2018
Mike D
Johnston, RI

Recommended experiences in and around Sorrento
from US$91.15
from US$43.84
from US$86.53
from US$63.46
More Info
All reviews wine cellar fried zucchini flowers lemon tiramisu cooking class wine making wonderful family pasta citrus trees from scratch homemade wine amazing cooking learning how best wishes grazie mille made us feel roberta classes
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Together with two of our teenager grandchildren we enjoyed a day of cooking lessons and warm hospitality of a wonderful family. The grounds are beautiful as was the pleasant introduction under the lemon trees with drinks and cookies. The interactive cooking class was just enough participation with Roberta and Angela. Then came a nice interlude with Charlie and his wine cellar with tasting.
Followed with the fruits of our preparation for lunch. Delicious and plentiful. Great hosts and experience a beautiful Sorrento family. Grazie Mille.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Our experience at Villa Ida was so much fun, truly a memorable experience. Initially, I questioned booking this class because it was rather pricey, but I am so so so glad that we did it and it is worth every penny! Our day started off in the beautiful garden near the pool with refreshments and meeting other patrons. We then proceeded inside to cook, some of the things we made included fresh gnocchi, meat-sauce, lemon tiramisu, fried peppers, and fried zucchini flowers with cheese. Afterwards, we met Charlie who showed us his wine cellar, and offered a tasting of all of his wine. We learned about his family and their business, these people are truly wonderful and genuine.
Dinner was served in the beautiful garden near the pool, it was truly magical. The meal was one of the best I ever had in Italy, the wine kept pouring, the food kept coming and the family was super nice and engaged with us through out the meal.
I HIGHLY recommend this class because it is an experience for the books which you will never forget. Thank you everyone at Villa Ida once again for a beautiful afternoon!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 3 August 2017

It will be hard to find a more authentic Italian cooking experience than experience at Villa Ida. Words cannot express how grateful we were to this warm and hospitable family welcoming us on their villa grounds and teaching us how to make authentic Italian dishes. Delicious things, dreamy surrounding and best company made this a totally memorable

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We went for our honeymoon, and it was perhaps my favorite thing we did the entire time. The people are great. Worth every penny.

Date of experience: July 2017
VillaIdaSorrento, Direttore at Villa Ida Cooking Lessons, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

thank you so much for your beautiful words...we wait for you next time
kind regards villa ida family

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Well, I must admit I was at first a bit uncertain about going with my family (2 almost grown children with 1 who really does NOT cook) to make and enjoy foods that I normally am not crazy about at what seemed like a lot of money....boy, was I worrying for nothing!! Just had an amazing evening and meal at Villa ida! About 4:30 my family was met at the pool where we enjoyed delectable lemon cake & fresh juice by huge flower blossoms and under lemon trees until all 14 guests arrived. We then as a group adorned our chef hats & Villa Ida aprons (free welcoming gifts) to learn about & prepare ourselves squash blossoms (which we were a bit afraid of & very happily ordered everywhere we could for the remainder of our trip), veal meatballs encasing a bit of mozzarella, cut and slice peppers, & lemon tiramisu. We then broke into 2 groups (alternate half way through so you learn it all--you have to make a lot for 14 people) to first make gnocchi from scratch with their homemade tomato sauce & then, to fry squash blossoms and prepare tomato and cucumber salads.(Happily, they did all the frying & actual cooking while we watched and listened to their helpful cooking tips) While it all cooked, we visited with "larger than life" Grandpa Charlie to learn the family history of the villa and see his wine cellar to understand his wine-making methods (low alcohol to ensure a good time with no headaches later) and sample his wines with bits of salami. Then, fine dining al fresco until late in the evening (after 9) of all our creations surrounded by abundant flowers and citrus trees: first course of squash blossoms, homemade olives, tomato & cucumber salads & a chunk of a large wreath of mozzarella (more than I have ever seen!), second course of tender gnocchi with tomato sauce, third course of meatballs with a fried pepper medley, and finally, a final course of light lemon tiramisu. Food & wine in more than ample supply served by our friendly family member chef-tutors Marida, Roberta, and Grandpa Charlie left all feeling very pleasantly happy and full!! Afterwards, if you so choose, you could buy a gift or two from the wonderful handmade ceramics bearing the family name sold by Grandpa Charlie's local store. We all came home happily with Villa Ida pitchers and life-lasting family memories. Those pitchers will forever remind us of our amazing night with new friends! ...and as a bonus, since we bought some other treasures from Grandpa Charlie's local ceramic and inlaid wood store (& other artisanal items), they shipped our pitchers home at no additional cost from his store! I really really want to go back now and do it all again.....Simply the best, authentic, real Italian fine food and well worth the cost for all the fine food. time spent and fun!

Date of experience: July 2017
VillaIdaSorrento, Direttore at Villa Ida Cooking Lessons, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

thank you so much for your beautiful words.

we try to let you feel at home enjoying cooking...

to the next time