All reviewstrain stationminute walkyogurtown gardentea making facilitiessmall terraceb and bwithin easy reachamalfi coastevery morningstayed here for nightsrestaurant recommendationsboiled eggsroom was spaciousthe main streetthe air conditioningmarina grande
Reviewed 9 October 2017

My wife and I stayed here in September 2017 and we were a little more than pleasantly surprised. We'd read the reviews and everything sounded good, but when we walked through the gates we could see that we'd stumbled across something quite nice.
When you walk through the gates, you walk under a long trellis filled with kiwis. When you get to the courtyard, it's filled with pomegranate, olive and lemon trees. It's obvious that the owner has a passion for this property. Everything is perfectly manicured.
The young lady at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The room was spotless and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable too.
The property is located in an area with apartment buildings around. It didn't bother me to sit on the patio and have breakfast or an evening drink.
If you're looking for a place with a view, this might not be what you're looking for. If you just want a quiet, clean and beautifully maintained place that's close to everything, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Retired152
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I always take exceptional reviews with a pinch of salt but everything about Villa Angiolina is true and despite high expectations our trip turned out even better than we hoped. A beautiful setting, spotless room and delightful staff, could not do enough for us. After a delay at the airport we arrived in town just after eight but a helpful taxi driver rang ahead and they kept open for us to book in. Annalisa also sorted out an early morning taxi back to the airport.

We will definitely be back which says it all really.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

It is our final day of a week's stay at the Villa. I can honestly say that this is outstanding accommodation. The hotel is in a secluded spot and has a lovely garden with swing seats and a terrace. The building is a high quality structure that is immaculately maintained. There are plants and flowers everywhere and the small terrace outside our rooms has pretty furniture and is well shaded.
We have had 3 rooms on the first floor - 2 doubles and one with twin beds. They all have comfortable beds, excellent bathrooms with walk-in showers and good ventilation (which means they don't steam up) and are spotlessly clean. The maid came every day and spent a long time cleaning and the towels were changed every day. There are tea and coffee facilities in the room and a small fridge. Best of all, the air conditioning is very efficient and stays on when you leave the room. Even in the heat of August we have been turning it off because the room gets cold quickly, due to the thick walls.
The standard of service from the two ladies on reception is first class. Even though they are supposed to finish at 8pm they stayed late for us. They arranged a taxi from the airport for us and the driver was so friendly and helpful that we have used him through the week for trips to Positano and Pompeii. He even waited 2 hours for us in Pompeii to take us back and only charged us 40 euros each. We have booked him to take us to the airport tomorrow and that's 90 euros between 4 of us in an 8 seater people carrier with excellent air conditioning.
All in all staying at the Villa Angiolina has made our trip very comfortable and trouble free and we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia T
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We only had one night at the Villa Angiolina. The receptionist (I never did get her name - sorry!) could not have been more helpful.

Our room shared a terrace with two others, and we were able to have breakfast outside on the terrace. In fact, we were told that breakfast would be delivered to us in the morning and we could choose whether to have it inside our outside. I don't like choosing breakfast the night before I eat it, because I don't know what I feel like until the morning! In fact, the breakfast was good.

The hotel is in a residential area, but five minutes from the city walls and the plant life around it makes it feel like it's a long way from the city.

I wouldn't want to spend a week there (well, I wouldn't want a week in Sorrento, to be honest) but as a short-stay stopover, it's a good hotel and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: No particular preference.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This B&B is in a beautiful setting, approx less than 10 minutes walk into the centre of sorrento and 15 mins to the marina. The rooms are clean and pretty with most amenities you would need including a hairdryer, kettle, fridge, air conditioning and wifi. Breakfast is tasty and is brought up to the room each day at the time requested. The staff are fantastic and very helpful. Would definitely stay here again and loved our time here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple