All reviews bit dated but very clean enjoyed our stay croissants sea tv fridge cheese base ferry
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Albergo Fiorenza, mostly because of the wonderful staff! Everyone was so friendly, and so accommodating.

The hotel is a bit dated but very clean. The room was a typical European room, however the shower was a bit larger than the tiny little showers we have seen in Italy. It was still smaller than an American shower, but it was a little bit bigger than all the other showers we've seen in Italy!

Air-conditioning worked great! Breakfast was so so. A lot of pastries, cereal, and some cold cuts. We would've loved to have some fresh fruit and maybe a hard-boiled egg.

We got some excellent recommendations for restaurants and tours. There is a beach bar/restaurant close by called Lido Colombo we really enjoyed.

Parking was tough! I ended up scraping the rental car trying to get out of the tiny lot.

We will come back again because the staff made us feel so welcome! We were there just four days and it started to feel like home.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I stayed in Salerno after visiting Pompeii and on my way to the Amalfi coast. The hotel is very dated as other travelers have mentioned and really run down. My biggest complaint was the parking situation. They had told me there was parking available. Then they said there weren't any free spaces, but could park in the paid garage. So, the attendant parked my car in the very tiny garage. The next morning, another gentleman refused to pull my car out (despite him doing it for another guest). When I went to pull the car out, another woman from the hotel was guiding me out. I kept telling her it was too tight and she insisted it was fine. Crunch. Then the side of my rental car was scraped. The front desk staff told me it was my fault and there was nothing they would do to help. It was a very frustrating experience and I can not recommend this hotel as an option.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Kermitzefrog
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

All previous reviews talked about old school etc, yes it was but clean! The tiles were cool on the feet, air cond worked, the block out curtains/metal blinds made us sleep in late! Breakfast was fresh, tasty and our host delivered great coffee with an Italian flair!
The pillows were flat but extras were provided when the cleaners saw the blanket rolled up the next day!
Great part of town a 3km walk to town or short bus ride from the piazza!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Some other reviewers already wrote that this hotel is a bit 'dated'. Well, most of the coastal area in southern Italy looks dated to us. Some parts even downright ' run down'. But the Albergo was clean, with friendly staff and good beds. The Wi-fi worked, too. Only the breakfast and the location were less favorable. It lies along one of the streets leading to Salerno center.
That said, the bus stops almost in front and takes you in 10 minutes to the train station and town center.
For eating, there's a beach restaurant almost across.... just pass through the gas station in front of the hotel. There's also a MacDonalds next to that gas station, for those of you who like that.
If you book a closed garage (8 Euros per day), make sure you have a SMALL CAR. We took our Toyota Yaris for this trip and could just squeeze it through the door. Our Mercedes Van would have had to stay outside !

Room tip: Almost none of the rooms at along the street, so no worries
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Francois D
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

The hotel is situated a little far from the city center, but the location is good. If you have a car, they offer free parking in the area allocated to the hotel and if there are no more places, they offer a garage parking for 8€/day. Just a few steps away from the hotel (literally like 10 steps) there is a bus stop from where you can go anywhere in the city. The staff is great, many thanks to their generosity, politeness, information, etc. They help you with everything you need. The room is big enough, providing everything you need and you have nearby a few supermarkets, shops, good gelateria and a few restaurants. There is also a McDonalds just accross the street, but who goes to Italy to eat McD'?!? There are only 2 downsides of this hotel: 1 - they don't have soundproof windows and being a little old the hotel, you can hear all the noise outside. We were given a room in the back (room no 36), but being light sleepers, we still heard the noise outside (I sleep with ear plugs and even with those I could hear everything).; 2 - their breakfast is quite poor, they offer a selection of tea, coffee, cappuccino, cereals, 3 types of croissants, 3 types of bread, one type of ham, of salami, of cheese, butter, jam and yogurt. From my point of view a wider selection of cheese and ham/salami/prosciuto would be better, fruits and some veggies would be great (tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, etc.). I mostly missed the lack of veggies, 'cause I could handle what they already have to have a proper breakfast. I would normally give this hotel a 3-star rating, but because of the staff I have chosen to give it 4 stars.

Date of stay: June 2016