“Fast paced - good food - make sure you book”

Pizzaria Criscemunno
Ranked #47 of 817 Restaurants in Salerno
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Description: Nel centro storico di Salerno, la pizzeria è stata realizzata in una delle strutture più antiche della città. L'ampia terrazza, fiore all'occhiello del locale, si affaccia sulla maestosa Cattedrale di Salerno, che ogni anno richiama migliaia di visitatori da tutta Italia.
Reviewed 12 October 2018

This place seems quite popular so it's probably a good idea to book. Service is quick, informative and friendly. We had the pizza (although it has other items on the menu) and it was good. Overall we enjoyed eating here.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is situated in a rural area of Salerno. The place in itself irradiates history, with its amazing rustical old walls, wooden ceilings, stone arcs, gorgeous balcony....

The staff is short of perfect; As soon i entered the place i felt at home, the warmth the professionalism, THE ENERGY....top!!! Young, vibrant, full of energy to explore and to give something more to the creations they offer to the customer.

I am 34 and ive had plenty of pizzas, but as soon as i have tasted theirs in combination with all the above mentioned, I can really say that this was my FIRST REAL PIZZA, PERIOD! Thx to Mario, he was my cameriere and my consigliere, he has chosen the perfect pizza for to be my first, and what a choice guys, fantastici, kapo dol fantje!!!!!
And you tripsters out there, come visit this pizzeria to experience what i did, I still have the butterflies in my tummy hahaha, I'LL BE BACK ASAP!!

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Another recommendation from our Airbnb host and another winner! Great pizzas in nice surroundings, friendly, helpful staff and very reasonable prices - one word of warning for visitors from the U.K., we orders a side dish of ‘chips’ they turned out to be what we know as crisps. Nice crisps though!

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Good pizzas but not a local experience!
Good service as the waiter was speaking good english and helped us though our choice of pizzas.
The pizzas are good but lack of cheese on top... is there a local cheese shortage?! The gorgonzola is unexistent as considered as not local. What a shame to find a Quattro Formaggi without it!

We were referred as a « difficult table » by our waiter, surely he was misunderstanding our thirst for advice and queries..?

The wines are not the finest as they are from a very recent year (2017), an information NOT mentioned on the menu, despite the high price.

Go there for a quick and easy pizza but not for the true local experience...!!

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

So so delicious!!!

One of the best pizzas myself and my partner had during our stay in Italy. Amazing location and terrace overlooking historical Salerno.

Amazing drinks and food. The pizza is to die for!!!!! We loved the fried pasta pie too. And so super cheap! Could easily eat a meal for 25 euros for 2 including alcoholic drinks.

Not only was the food fantastic, the service was amazing. Such friendly staff, so happy and couldn’t have done more to make sure you enjoy your meal. There was one man in particular who provided exceptional service, although I cannot recall his name. Maybe Francesco? He always had a smile on his face and went out his way to delight us.

We went here twice and I would definitely return if I was in the area again.

Thank you for a brilliant two meals!