All reviews pedestrian shopping area great location train station teresa accommodation breakfast
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Very smart accommodation, with everything we wanted in the room. Warm informative welcome. Very good continental breakfast, and did us a big favour by storing our bag for a few nights. Would happily stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Great location in Salerno with easy access to trains and buses and ferries. Rooms were clean and fresh towels every day. Breakfast was great. Theresa was very friendly and approachable and helpful. Had lots of toiletries and little touches. The entrance to the accommodation isn’t obvious and is quite grubby but this shouldn’t put you off considering this accommodation. There was quite a lot of street noise throughout the night even with the shutters and doors/windows shut. Overall, we’re glad we stayed here.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 25 September 2017

A very nice little B&B in a quite boring building. But when you come into the B&B you forget the rest. It's cute, the room is lovely with a personal detail, very nice toiletries, the towels have little ribbon to them - the little extra personal touch really make a difference. very nice breakfast too. I had mentioned I was gluten intolerant and I got a lot of extra bread and cake for me. I really recommend this little place in Salerno. A ten minute walk to the train station through a pedestrian street is also very convenient.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We have booked this property through booking.com as it had great reviews and it looked lovely. We have booked it over a month ago and today, a week before arrival, we have just been informed that our reservation has been cancelled due to overbooking and that the property does not have any solution for us.

This is absolutely unacceptable for a 6 nights booking that was made over a month ago. I am guessing they are trying to resell our nights at a higher price because the prices have gone up. However nice the host might be, this is a completely unprofessional and untrustworthy behaviour; we now have to look for alternatives and it changes our whole vacation plan.

To be avoided!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Teresa C, Direttore at Casa Castagna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you Mrs. Agnieska Unfortunately, the room she booked had suffered damage in the bathroom so it was not possible to stay overnight in the bathroom. I'm sorry that you have this negative opinion, but it is considered null because it has never stayed at my facility. The unforeseen events in life happen, and often, maybe she has never had any problems. Then Booking has assured me to find you another similar accommodation, paying me the difference, I do not understand its discomfort as it is seen that will still sleep in downtown Salerno. Good holidays and the next time Czech to understand the problem before talking at random. greetings Teresa

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

I found this little gem through TripAdvisor as they had good reviews and perfect location.. to move around to see all the beauty around..
so happy to be here, i felt very spoilt by Teresa with her kindness and the care she give to every guest.. when we checked in, it was quite early and we asked to leave our bags, and she offered breakfast for free, the extra touch that doesn't happen very often...the breakfast is (anything you can wish of, homemade cakes, amazing cakes,fruit, cheese, anything) to the room , very comfortable and stylish.. For us it was so convenient because it is only 10 minutes to the train station, only 20 minutes from the port, only 30 seconds from town centre... the fridge is full of drinks that are free.. extra bonus have fresh water in the room..and we eat so much in the morning that we only had dinner till late.. good saving for your pocket too.. so come here and feel pampered and look after by amazing lady...
We loved CASA CASTAGNA