“Less than expected”

Hache Restaurante
Ranked #323 of 12,774 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$23 - US$41
Neighbourhood: Centro
Description: Restaurante de cocina mediterránea y de mercado, ubicado en la zona del Palacio Real. Abrió sus puertas en diciembre de 2016 y se caracteriza por su cuidado en la calidad del producto, en su frescura y en su innovación gastronómica.
Reviewed 9 July 2018

It was nice but a bit disappointing. Very good presentation of the dishes, but tastes were not well balanced,

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We visited here for an evening meal for my husbands birthday. We were definitely not disappointed! The service was lovely, with a lovely waitress. I don’t even know where to start with the food - it was incredible. The mushrooms in cheese sauce was an amazing starter, then we had the duck bread and the steak (both absolutely delicious!) and shared a cheese cake at the end, which was probably one of the best I’ve ever tasted! Honestly, you will not be disappointed if you go here for food - the atmosphere was also really lovely - we thoroughly enjoyed our celebrations and are so glad we went!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I'm so glad that I checked TripAdvisor for reviews when we were walking around the city center last weekend. We chose Hache based on the reviews, and had an absolutely wonderful experience.

Two of us had the salad that consisted of arugula, mozzarella, mushrooms, and a very nice dressing. The mozzarella just melted in your mouth. Yum!! The other party had the croquettes, and they were delicious as well.

We ordered four different deserts and shared them. I think my favorite was the homemade Mojito ice cream. It was so light and refreshing, perfect for the hot summer day. But don't get me wrong, the other deserts were absolutely scrumptious as well!

I am still dreaming about that salad. If only I could get something like that here at home!

Though we didn't ask, it seemed that the staff may have been a husband and wife team. The gentleman was so very helpful with the ordering process. None of us spoke Spanish, so conversing with the wife was not really possible, but they were very friendly and welcoming!

1  Thank LasBrisasGal
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at this fabulous restaurant today. We found it by chance. 1st the wonderful lady who served us should get a pay rise, she was friendly, professional and made the best Sangria we have ever had ( and we have had a lot) the food was high class and the best we have had in Spain. The decor and ambience is also friendly and inviting. Bit more coin than the average place, but this is not average. Next time when we are in Madrid we will absolutely be visiting Hache again. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

The food a drinks in this place were simply delightful. The cuisine is exquisite and the attention is also very good. The ambient is nice and pleasant music. I highly recommend this place to dine.

1  Thank Gabriela T