Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$223
SAVE US$21
ExpediaUS$244
Trip.com
1,691 results
All reviews metropolis building great location rooftop bar welcome drink turn down service walking distance beautiful hotel star hotel retiro park junior suite plaza mayor visiting madrid tapas royal palace principle gran floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2020

Believe this is a better location than the Ritz to visit all tourist sites other than the museums and Retiro. Great service, neat ambiance and fun rooftop patio along with a good restaurant. As expected, rooms are generally smaller than hotels further away from the central area but they are well apportioned.

Room tip: Deluxe room had space for infant crib. Request (small) balcony room overlooking Edificio Grassy and Edificio Metrópolis.
1  Thank LukeTexas
Justyna Kaminska, Otros at The Principal Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2020

Dear Luke Texas,

Thank so much for sharing your excellent review regarding your stay with us!

I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our location so much as well as our service and restaurant. Thank you mentioning the well appointed rooms.

We truly hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2020

Situated near museums, shopping, and taxis on one side, and near a great walkable bohemian section with lots of bars, shops, and outdoor cafes. This hotel is in a great location, and the restaurant is one of the best in the city. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank jshay343
Justyna Kaminska, Otros at The Principal Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Dear jshay343,

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing review regarding your recent stay with us!

I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our location in the heart of the city so much. Thank you for mentioning our restaurant. It was a pleasure for me to share your kind words with the team.

We hope to welcome you again very soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2020

The location of this hotel is amazing right on the Gran Via. A very well appointed hotel with nice rooms if a little small. Great terrace area and really helpful staff. Some English TV channels would be helpful but otherwise a great place to stay

2  Thank F1480HZsusanl
Justyna Kaminska, Otros at The Principal Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Dear F1480HZsusanl,

Thank you for choosing The Principal during your stay in Madrid and for sharing your experience with us.

I am thrilled to learn that our unbeatable location in the heart of the city met 100% of your expectations. Thank you for mentioning the terrace and the assistance of our team. It was a pleasure for me to shar your words with them.
Regarding the English channels, we do have them, there must have been a temporal issue as we offer several of them. I apologize for this inconvenience.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

I arrived for 3 nights at this lovely hotel. The service of the hotel is excellent. I booked through them before I even got tickets to a football game and also the transfer from the airport back to the football field. The price was very reasonable.
Good breakfast, buffet plus menu.
The location is great! At the beginning of Gran Via is a walking distance from Cala de Serrano, Plaza Major, and the San Miguel Market. No transport needed !! Everything is possible on foot.
Rooms a bit small (room 507) but room service twice a day was good.
highly recommend

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Yigaldoga
Justyna Kaminska, Otros at The Principal Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear Yigaldoga,

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing review after your stay at The Principal Madrid.

I am thrilled to learn that our service and location met your expectations. It was a pleasure for the whole team to assist you getting the tickets for the game and organising the transfers. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast and the room service!

We hope to welcome you again very soon!

We remain at your entire disposal should you require any further assistance.

Reviewed 24 February 2020

It was great pleasure to stay in Principal Madrid, unfortunately my collegeand me we staid just one night, but the hotel is located in the down town and we were able to take a walk through the city center and see its beauty. The staff was very friendly, breakfast is excellent. I will gladly return to this hotel again

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear P_Tanya_kiev,

Thank you sharing this fantastic review with us and the Tripadvisor community!

I am more than happy to learn that you enjoyed your short stay with us. Thank you for mentioning the staff and the breakfast.

We hope to welcome you again very soon for a longer stay so that you enjoy more the hotel and the city!