“Best ever! Gluten & allergen free:excellent!”

Confiteria Marques Madrid
Ranked #17 of 124 Bakeries in Madrid
Price range: US$2 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe
Neighbourhood: Chamberí
Description: Confiteria Marques is the leading allergen and gluten free pastry's in Spain. We manufacture cakes, chocolates and all kind of sweets gluten free, and also some of them are egg, nuts and dairy free. Our family recipes let us offer our customers the best of north-Spain bakery, but also our experience in france lead us to make fine chocolates. We have been the first pastry's in Spain developing allergen free chocolates and cakes, but our products are suitable for everyone. There's no difference in taste with the traditional bakery in our country. All kind of customers are welcome if they like authentic home made chocolate and cakes!
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

If you happen to be in Madrid and suffer from alimentary intolerances or allergies, but would like to try 'empanadillas de bonito' 'bizcocho' ' marquesitas' & other Spanish excellent sweets, cakes & pastries... This is the place.
Every time I visit Madrid I come to 'confitería Marques' to indulge myself. Their products are excellent (...and you may have some of them even a day after). They take allergies very seriously & work separately every ingredient to avoid any contact... And even my family & friends prefer some of their cakes although get they do not suffer from allergies! Tube stations are not far and it's worth!!

1  Thank MRABlondon

Reviewed 11 June 2016

Confitería Marqués is a superb pastry/confectionary store. The proprietor is friendly and helpful, ready to make recommendations.

Coincidentally, the products are all gluten free. This is an important distinction, because it's not just "good for gluten free," but an excellent patisserie without qualification. I feel I am in a position to make such a judgement, because I will happily eat foods that contain gluten - but my travelling companion has celiac disease, so I get to make comparisons.

Part of the quality found at Confitería Marqués may stem from the fact that Alejandro makes everything by hand, daily. As Alejandro himself said, gluten free baked goods are generally best the day they are made, and don't store well. The proof is in the pastry: I would have quite happily and quietly demolished the pastries purchased without suspecting that they were missing delicious gluten.

We bought to go, as there did not appear to be an area for seating - though this may be because it was too early for lunch.

The store also stocks selected goods that are gluten free - some quality beers (Mikeller, Mongozo and the like - also, try Espiga's offering if you can!), some imported bread/tostida products and similar. Many of these you won't find in supermarkets, so it could be a place to stock up for your wine and cheese evening.

I would say that the products in this establishment have the edge on Celicioso, which is however also worth checking out if you're looking for venues that cater for a celiac diet.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

Honestly, this is my favourite gluten free bakery in the world - and I have been to a lot.
I can't recommend it highly enough. The owners are just delightful as well.
Do not miss this place it's just fabulous.

Reviewed 5 June 2015

We was visiting Madrid last January with my husband and visiting this quite amazing pastry shop. Service was excellent and products!! WOW!! Cant even describe how GOOD they were. I ate everything (at least I thought so) and too much, but couldn't help it. Alejandro is really an excellent baker and really knows what we (means customers) need. Chocolate!!! That makes everybody happy!

Reviewed 5 June 2015

Owner Alejandro makes so amazing chocolates for every possible tastes. Just try, buy and you will be amazed too!!!!