“Delicious ring cakes but felt a bit strange”

Pasteleria la Oriental
Ranked #14 of 124 Bakeries in Madrid
Neighbourhood: Arguelles
Neighbourhood: Arguelles
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

As every year I bought the ring cake on 5 January. Now they have another place next to the bakery. The old place is just for gluten free produce. So I was sent to the new one.
Good service but I missed the personal touch of the owner & and her son who used to have a small talk though it was busy with lot of customers.
In the past I used to wait in the queue and wait for some time before I was served. Now the service is quick but felt that the touch Is missing.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We stumbled on this spot & it was a blessing from heaven & the Goddess herself. I still think about the mariposa cookies. The counter staff shamed us that we weren't getting pastry along w. our espressos and I can never thank them enough for twisting my arm! There is a regular take-out bakery on the left & on the right is a cafe. Take my advice, go to the cafe & you 2 will say thank you!

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I've been going to this bakery for more than 15 years and I'd say Awesome, delicious, fantastic etc.... They have a wide variety of cakes and i just can't say which one is the best.

Cakes, pasteries, chocolate products, ring cakes during the Christmas time and all sorts of bakery produce such as muffins etc... everything is good and tasty. The owner, her son and the staff are very friendly & helpul.

My daughter is allergic to nuts, so they make sure that the cakes we order are nut free. Now they have gluten free produce which helps lot of people.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

This is a traditional Spanish "pasteleria" (cake and sweets shop) which serves both normal and traditional cakes and also really nice gluten free cakes too.

Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

BEST gluten free selection of cakes we have ever come across. My gluten intolerant son almost cried with happiness. The owner was so proud of her produce and so friendly and helpful. The cakes were divine.