“Loved this place”

Price range: US$28 - US$40
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Description: At Casa Jacinto diners will enjoy typical Spanish dishes, made with high-quality ingredients, creating dishes rich in flavor and steeped in tradition, all for an affordable price. Favorite dishes include oxtail, wild mushrooms wtih clams, and cocido madrileño--stewed chickpeas with a medley of meats and vegetables.
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We had salted fish and ice cream that was to die for. The olives on the table
Were amazing. The service was great and we enjoyed our visit

Reviewed 29 July 2018

definitely off the "beaten path" Jacinto is in a narrow street on the side of the Senate building; on two outings service was very welcoming and gracious, despite my poor english and their limited spanish ... lovely gazpacho; the clams with oyster mushrooms were a total surprise and tasty; lamb chops hit just a bit beyond the medium rare I prefer; the entrecot was a thing of beauty and my friend's lomo was gorgeous (even if he broke the law and ordered it well done!) the sleeper on the dessert menu is the chocolate truffles ... they alone make it worth a visit!

Reviewed 25 July 2018

I've been staying in this neighborhood for vacations for about 6 years and this was my first visit. It was a weeknight, I was early (by Spanish standards), so I had no difficulty getting a table for 2. The wait staff was gracious, but English was limited … but do not let that get you down .. make an effort to read the menu and you'll be rewarded … lovely gazpacho with fresh "guarnichon" of additional vegetables to give it some crunch … an excellent bit of sausage while you wait for your meal … wonderful bread … I had the lamb chops which were sadly cooked a bit more than I prefer but excellently seasoned; my friend had fish of the day which was spot on, perfectly cooked and fresh as can be. WE shared a plate of their housemade truffles for dessert … there were 5 pieces of incredibly rich chocolate … my friend and I looked at each other .. and cut the odd one in half … sooooo good , we had coffee , house wine and their kind gesture of a digestif after, a "house brew" with a hint of brandy. Go, relax, be happy you're in an authentic place with none of the rush/noise/hubbub of the tourist joints! and get the truffles … OMG!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

What an excellent little restaurant with great food, enthusiastic service and a traditional Spanish atmosphere. The steak looked fantastic but I chose the chiperones, squid stuffed with rice and cooked in its own ink. One of the best meals I’ve had in Spain. The Rioja was excellent too. Highly recommended

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Tucked away behind the Palacio del Senado this feels like a neighbourhood restaurant for professionals, not a tourist spot. Other diners seemed to be Spanish, groups of friends or work colleagues, casually dressed but clearly well heeled. We were warmly greeted and looked after. The restaurant had a great authentic feel, good traditional-based food, and not too pricey ( though depending what you choose it could be). Good house wine very reasonably priced too.

1  Thank hilaryb53317