All reviews paper factory old mill beautiful hotel minute drive sitting room a lovely stay loved this hotel hotel restaurant beautiful room old town breakfast buffet visit santiago tapas beautiful garden stayed nights camino walk taxi
Reviewed 17 July 2018

This hotel is excellent if you do not want to take your car into the centre
We loved everything about the place

The building itself is very attractive ,the personnel were first class in every respect and the bedrooms really quiet
Breakfast was excellent and the restaurant areas are very welcoming
I would recommend without hesitation

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank fordv2017
LuisaLorenzoGarcia, Director General at Hotel Spa Relais & Chateaux A Quinta da Auga, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear fordv2017,

Reviewed 15 July 2018

We visited to relax after my friend walked two weeks of the Camino and this hotel fitted the bill perfectly. It is beautifully decorated and furnished and the rooms are very comfortable. The staff were friendly and accommodating, eg allowing us a check in at 10am.
It is at leat 2km from the city centre and not a very pleasant walk, although we did walk it twice, using a taxi to return, so it is only ideal if you want to be away from the city noise and buzz.
Yes the restaurant serves late, as the usual in Spain, but the terrace cafe and bar is open all day and evening and serves lovely tapas.
Shame the pool and spa is not available unless you book and pay extra although it is small and therefore numbers need to be restricted. Very pleasant for an hour’s relaxation.
I would certainly return if in Santiago again.

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank FoodieAnnie2013

Dear FoodieAnnie2013,

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Beautiful property with a recently added limited gym but still adequate for those who like to work out regularly like me. I asked to see the pool to see if it was worth paying a fee to use it. I was told someone was using it and hence they couldn’t allow me access. The dinner is an issue unless you enjoy eating at 9 pm or later. The cafe/bar is open continuously and is handy for a burger or club sandwich but the menu is limited. I like another reviewer asked to eat in the library which is lovely but was told I couldn’t. I was craving a glass of sangria and although it was on the menu I was told I had to order an entire bottle of store bought sangria if I wanted a glass. That was just ridiculous that in Spain I can’t get a freshly made glass of Sangria. I stayed in a classic room which was small but well maintained and made up. There should have been a separate shower and bath but the bathroom was too small. The hotel is far from the town which is a bit of a hassle unless you want to constantly pay for taxis. That is why I rented a car - to avoid taxis.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TorontoStella
LuisaLorenzoGarcia, Director General at Hotel Spa Relais & Chateaux A Quinta da Auga, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear TorontoStella

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel, located a little ways from the old town, deserves its reputation as a relaxing oasis. The staff is very good (although not all speak English fluently). Our group raved about the spa (and particularly the “pool of jets”). Breakfast was fine (the usual European spread). We had dinner in the restaurant and it was well worth it. On our departure (we were with the Backroads “Taste of Camino” trip), we had a tapas lunch which was really superb. The only negative is that the beds are small. Everyone in our party (including six couples) had either two twin beds or one double bed in the room.

Date of stay: June 2018

Dear Rt66er,

First of all, we would like to send you our warmest appreciations for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hotel &

Spa Relais & Chateaux a Quinta da Auga

Reviewed 1 June 2018

We travelled to this property looking for a place to get away and relax after a very busy year. The hotel and our room and the facilities were more than we expected. Although this property is close to the city it is set in a beautiful garden with lovely walks along the river that runs along it's boundary. The staff were warm and friendly especially the Reception and bell hops. The breakfast was excellent and varied, the gluten free products were very good. The spa was very good but the terminal spa was something wonderful and has to be experienced. However if we had a little complaint and that was that where the food in the cafe and restaurant was excellent and very well served it was limited in choice and the menu did not change in the time we were there. A lot of people stay just one or two nights but if staying any longer a change in menu would be appreciated.

Room tip: The rooms overlooking the garden in the back of the building would be the better
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt56Ireland
LuisaLorenzoGarcia, Director General at Hotel Spa Relais & Chateaux A Quinta da Auga, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Matt56Ireland,