“Beyond superlatives!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018

From start to finish a culinary delight.
Seven hours of gastronomic masterpieces accompanied by some amazing wines.
Each dish is beautifully presented and a delight to the eye as well as the palate.
Two of our party do not eat shellfish and the restaurant happily provided alternatives.
Our only very mild reservation was the table being cleared whilst some were still eating.
We cannot wait to return again.

1  Thank Peter C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,652)

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The best meal of my life. Every ten minutes I felt like a child on Christmas Eve. It was that exciting. The dishes were interactive and it would spoil the surprise to say how, but for every course the cutlery varied and so did the glasses. We had the seasonal tasting menu and it was a glorious 3 hours. Had to squeeze the petit fours home in a little box rather than my stomach but the flight of wine accompanying it was wonderfully paired. Took us 35 minutes to walk here from the old town and ten euros back in a taxi. Was it worth it? Every penny and we will never forget our favourite dishes of summer truffle brioche, freeze dried oyster shell and the langoustine with sagebrush. We will definitely try and return. Thank you all... you work magic together.

2  Thank sarahjenks
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Just popped over to Girona for a couple of days to have dinner here and what an incredible experience.

My girlfriend had asked me in conversation one day last year which restaurant I would most like to go to. She had been fishing for a local restaurant her in Brighton to take me to for my birthday but I took her literally. I started waxing lyrical about this restaurant I'd seen on Professional Masterchef a few years back, how it was run by three Spanish brothers who showed an absolute passion for the food they created and the dining experience they provide. I couldn't remember the name and the conversation was left there. It wasn't until a few months later on my birthday that I received my present, Easyjet tickets, an Airbnb reservation and booking confirmation for our table at El Celler de Can Roca.

Fast forward 8 months and we walked up to the restaurant, a little nervously as we don't normally eat at restaurants like this. The welcome was really relaxed and friendly. We were taken to our table and the waitress brought the menu and explained it. We opted for the feast with accompanying wine flight and it was absolutely worth it. Each dish was announced as it arrived and an explanation given. The Sommelier then appeared with the accompanying wine, told us what it was and advised us why it was such a good match. By the end of the meal we'd flown through a whirlwind of flavour sensations, were presented with dessert and a smaller copy of the menu to take with us.

This is the sort of once-in-a-lifetime restaurant experience you hope will live up to expectations and it absolutely surpassed ours. Every morsel was an adventure, all of the staff were superb and we even got to have a quick chat with Josep Roca. Hopefully sometime in the future we'll get to return, who knows, but until then we'll happily relive this visit again and again. I'd say to anyone if you're thinking of going then just book it and go. Life's too short not to do these things.

3  Thank Gregoliscious
Reviewed 5 June 2018

The restaurant is in a residential area and not what you would expect, however its a beautiful oasis when you enter into the court yard. We had a private room as there was 10 of us and the classic set menu with wine pairing. We had a tour of the kitchen before being shown to our table, which was a nice touch. The pre menu snacks were all interactive and amazing and fun. The service was excellent and the main menu was delicious, although difficult to please all 10 of us who have very different palates and likes. The only thing I personally didn't like was the chocolate cigar, flavoured as a cigar. But overall an amazing experience never to be forgotten, the Roca brothers even posed with us for photos after dinner and gave us signed menus to take away,

1  Thank Stevenlulu
Reviewed 2 June 2018

It is difficult to find the right words that give justice to how amazing this restaurant is. Tucked away in Gerona, a short walk up a discreet path, you enter into a really pretty and welcoming courtyard where you can sit and enjoy a peaceful pre-dinner drink before you can take a short tour of the incredible kitchen to meet the Roco brothers and their team as they create magic. The restaurant's centre piece is a group of silver birch trees creating a relaxing and calm environment. Service as you would expect is at an extremely high standard with great care, attention and great knowledge of the food and wines. Every mouthful of the Feast menu that we selected with the perfectly paired wines was a wonderful discovery journey. Fantastic flavours, textures and stunning presentation. It was like unwrapping a gift when every dish arrived. Eating olives like you have never seen or tasted before, dishes including prawns, turbot, duck, suckling pig and many others. Not to mention the fun sweet trolly and delicious desserts. Definitely worth every euro spent and a restaurant we would return to when next in the region.

Date of visit: October 2017