“Food is average and disappointed with the veal”

Citrus Restaurantus
Ranked #2,047 of 10,605 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$24 - US$35
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived late in Barcelona and decided to pop into a restaurant near to our hotel. Citrus looked quite nice from outside so we decided to try it out. The staff at the reception was nice and has told us to wait for a few minutes while they prepare for a table. Then we were told to go upstairs and waited for a short while as they were making sure we get a window seat which was really nice. The waitress serving us was not good in English but managed to take our order. The tomato salad with tuna was chilled and great as a starter. My husband has ordered seafood paella which has to take 20 mins. After finishing the tomato salad, one of the staff came and asked if is ok that we are served the main course and the paella will come later. As we were hungry, we were fine with it. The main course came soon together with the paella. Probably a language issue. My husband has ordered the duck and I have ordered Veal Paillard. I have requested to change the fries with grilled vegetables and it wasn't changed. The waitress brought it back to the kitchen. While waiting, I ate some of the paella and it is pretty tasty. And my husband was fine with the duck too. When the veal came with the grilled vegetables, I had a mouthful and noted that the veal was cold and dry. They have asked me how I wanted my veal to be done and I told them medium. It is obviously overcooked. And worst, they probably left the same veal on the plate while changing the fries to grilled vegetables and thus, it was cold. It was disappointing for me as the appetizers we had were quite tasty. Anyway, we asked for the bill and I told the waitress about the veal. Not sure if she understood but she just gave me the bill. And we were charged extra as well for changing the fries to grilled vegetables which was only a few pieces of carrots and zucchini. Overall, the meal was average and I don't think they are very customer oriented to address our feedback on the food. I don't think I will visit this place again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,379)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We want er to eat at Tape tapa. But the had only places at the bar.nThere werd tables available but we missen ons perron. Above was snotter restaurant. We were welcome. The food is fine and the service is good. They had a lot od meals on the menu. The menu isin 5 languages.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

The location is very good and decorated nice, but not worth to pay for so bad service, from the host at the entrance who keep us waiting without any explanation even though we had a reservation, to the waitress whom we had to stand and look for her as she was never showing at the table. I will never go there again

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Recommended by our tour guide, so we went to enjoy a delicious dinner and enjoy the sights on Passeig de Gracia. The menu had a lot of good selections and everything was tasty. We were pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

disappointing, food ingredients were average and the cooking poor, service poor. Nothing to commend it I am afraid.

1  Thank Who_Dun_Dare