2,927 results
All reviews rooftop pool great hotel modern hotel welcome drink within walking distance front desk staff excellent stay two blocks metro station would highly recommend this hotel sagrada familia main attractions tourist attractions la rambla the location is perfect visiting barcelona tapas
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Ok while on a 7 day Mediterranean Honeymoon cruise my wife and I decided we wanted to stay a few days in Barcelona afterwards. I randomly chose Olivia Balmes and boy did we get lucky. Service was great and the location was the best ever. In walking distance from everything. If I had any complaints it would be that housekeeping woke me up every morning from opening and closing doors on my floor, but I'm a light sleeper. My wife didn't hear anything. The rooms are modern and nice. Room service was excellent. I just really enjoyed the hotel. We would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kenyattao2014
Reviewed 14 July 2016

The Olivia Balmes hotel is a lovely lovely hotel in the heart of Barcelona--just far enough away from the Ramblas to be quiet but close enough for a nice walk or a really short taxi ride. After staying at a number of so-called 4 star hotels throughout Spain that were not even close to 2 stars in reality, the Olivia Balmes was a lovely oasis. Our check in was late and due to deciding we just couldn't in the hotel we had reservations in through our travel group. We were greeted by Ragai and Aria who were amazingly gracious. Without asking, we were upgraded to a deluxe room which was lovely. The food and the buffet breakfast was excellent. The service throughout the rest of our stay was top notch. I would definitely go back.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank hkrfmr
Reviewed 13 July 2016

The hotel is relatively new, and a such most of the amenities are new and well maintained. The pool at the 7th floor is quite relaxing even though at the time I was there it was full of people. The gym is new and the gear is state of the art. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit and we left as pleased as first time round. Location is unbeatable. Short walking distance from Gracia and 15 mins from Gothic quarter. Well appointed rooms and excellent service.
Some friends complained that from their rooms they could feel the rumble of underground trains but not from our rooms.
This will continue to be our first choice for our Barcelona visits.
Suggestion: request large rooms located facing the front corner of the hotel facade. You will get extra space.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JoseLuisG160
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Everyone was very welcoming and helpful, and Reda at the pool bar especially was so genuinely friendly. A real stand-out. Facilities are very clean, modern type of decor. Need to supply wine bottle openers for the rooms, and the motion detecting lights could be a little much (sit up in bed and they come on) but that's it for niggles.

Trip type: Travelled with family