Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
Hotels.comUS$89
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
1,341 results
All reviews close to the airport free shuttle shuttle service barcelona airport overnight stay an early morning flight stayed one night bus stop cruise ship the hotel is clean public transportation metro station euros city spain proximity convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2020

Flights to/from Barcelona were cancelled so I went online to cancel my fully refundable booking with this hotel only to find I was denied the option of any refund. I tried calling the hotel but nobody answered, so I rang the BW reservations team who advised I had passed the 6 month deadline for cancellation, which was 6pm on 6 Oct 2019. I queried this as my documentation said cancellation had to be made by 6 Oct 2020! The gentlemen double checked and said that it was my misunderstanding and 2019 was definitely correct. How could this ever be the case given booking wasn’t made until Jan 2020! He didn’t know and passed me on to the BW Customer Services team who checked their records and advised instead that the booking had been made on non-refundable basis! I logged on to my BW account and read them word for word what their own system said, and this clearly stated booking was refundable provided cancelled “before 06.00pm hotel time on 06-Oct-2020”. As I had requested cancellation on 29 July this surely qualified for a refund?! The representative tried to call the hotel to discuss but was advised the hotel is currently closed due to Coronavirus concerns. I was told they would need to investigate and get back to me. In meantime I agreed to email them a screen print of their own system (Which apparently they couldn't see!) and my booking docs, which I did same day.

Two weeks passed and nothing further heard so I rang again. After running through the same issues and arguments, I was advised BW were unable to provide a refund or deal further until the hotel, which is still closed, reopens. Even though they couldn't tell me when this might be! This is despite BW now agreeing (after receiving my documents) that I did actually book on a refundable basis. I refused to accept this and was promised matter would be escalated that day to a senior manager for resolution as representative had no autonomy to deal himself. In meantime I was asked to provide a copy of my CC statement to prove payment had been made as apparently BW don't have record!. I did this immediately and subsequently received an email confirming the matter had been escalated and promising a response the next working day.

Guess what? 5 working days later and still no further communication. Accordingly I rang customer services again, only to be told there is nobody available who can deal, that is despite first being told the case handler was in the office and I was being transferred! I was once again promised a management call back and an email confirming this, both to be received later that day.

Surprise, surprise, 24hrs on and nothing heard.

Don't get me wrong all the BW staff have been friendly and polite and conversations civilised, however, right now it doesn't feel like I will ever get the refund I am due. Has a genuine mistake occurred (that for some reason nobody wants to deal with) or are BW continually getting me to send info they should already have and then failing to respond, purely a delaying tactic until they can come up with another excuse not to pay. Or indeed, given I have seen at least one similar review posted on this hotel site, is Best Western's refundable booking policy at this hotel a scam? From my experience to date, all I can say for sure is beware!

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank mystic100
Be My Guest Department, Atención al cliente/recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2020

Dear Guest

From the Hotel Management we want to express our discomfort and apologize at the way in which our always experienced and professional Best Western Customer Service Department has handled your questions and doubts. We wanted to convey our disagreement to our Best Western representative in Dublin who in turn has assured us that she will contact those responsible of this department to bring the attention of your review and main complaint.

I want to tell you that from the management of this hotel we are ensuring that all the doubts that all our guests have are satisfactorily resolved. The hotel is temporarily closed and all cancellation policies have been adjusted and balanced to the maximum due to these circumstances in all reservations during the time we are closed. Please, contact our reservations department directly at the email we provide on our website or by telephone in the recorder message provided in order to be personally attended to.

As mentioned before the hotel is temporarily closed. We want to let you know that we are informing ourselves of all the general and preventive measures that are appearing daily in international and national health organizations related to COVID-19. Likewise, we want to transmit to all our guets and future guests that we will implement all the new hygienic protocols recommended by the government health departments and others proper to our brand as the We Care Clean program. The BWPlus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto wants to be a safe place where you can feel comfortable and enjoy a pleasant stay. We are now working hard to adapt to these new circumstances by offering all our experience, interest and enthusiasm.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 21 April 2020 via mobile

My wife and I had to cancel our flights and stay in Barcelona due to COVID-19. I attempted to cancel our reservation 2 months out and was unable to do so on BestWestern App. Customer service was very nice and said that when I booked the stay in Oct 2019 I had already past the 6 month cancellation period. I checked online and Traveladvisor shows the hotel to be closed due to COVID concerns. Poor customer service.

Date of stay: April 2020
1  Thank Sweeneyok
Be My Guest Department, Atención al cliente/recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2020

Dear Guest

Regarding your reservation, I would like to inform you that we do not have any cancellation policy to which you refer in your review and we have not been notified or had a request as yours, not knowing at this moment the characteristics and dates of your reservation nor more details. I would kindly request you, to contact our own reservations hotel department directly through our hotel email in order to attend you personally and resolve your cancellation.

The hotel is temporarily closed. From the management of the hotel we want to let you know that we are informing ourselves of all the general and preventive measures that are appearing daily in international and national organizations related to COVID-19. Likewise, we want to transmit to all our clients that we will implement all the new hygienic protocols recommended by the government health departments and others proper to our brand. The BWPL Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto wants to be a safe place where you can feel comfortable and enjoy a pleasant stay. We are now working hard to adapt to these new circumstances by offering all our experience, interest and enthusiasm.

Yours sincerely

Best Western Plus Hotel ALFA Aeropuerto

Reviewed 28 March 2020 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night prior to our departure from Spain. Restaurant on site but we did not eat there. Room service was relatively inexpensive and good. There is a nice pool, water was of a good temperature. Free shuttle to the airport, schedule at front desk the night before. My biggest complaint was that the room was way too hot for sleeping. I found this true of most of the hotels we stayed at in Spain, we stayed at 4 of them and just one had the ability to make the room cooler. It was 24 degrees C and we usually sleep at about 20.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank mygrls03
Be My Guest Department, Atención al cliente/recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2020

Dear Guest

We all hope that this answer to your review finds you well.

Thank you for writing this comments regarding your stay at our property. Your opinion is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you for your comments and time.

Yours truly

Reviewed 16 March 2020

Their listing said they provide an airport shuttle .. but in foreign countries this usually does not materialize. I followed the signs that indicated hotel bus, waited about 20 minutes and low and behold the BW shuttle appeared. Hotel was clean, front desk helpful and waiter in the restaurant attentive. Great for my overnight connection.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank ASuerobinson
Be My Guest Department, Atención al cliente/recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Dear Ms Sue

Hope you are well. Thank you so much for your comment which has valued us positively. We strive every day to be able to offer quality services and we are pleased to know that our free shutlle service from the airport was useful during your stay in the hotel.

We felt privileged to have served you and we would hope to welcoming you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

Far too hot: 24 degrees at night. All reception could do was turn off the heating, which of course made no difference as it was the air conditioning that was needed.

In addition despite requesting a quiet room at time of booking, they assigned us a room facing a road used frequently by heavy goods vehicles. The inadequate double glazing did not keep out this noise.

Finally, the airport shuttle only departed at 08:15 and 09:00, a whole 45 minutes separation, forcing us to get up 30 minutes earlier than would normally be necessary.

All in all, hardly any sleep was obtained.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank mx6
Luis Tobias, Director General at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear Guest

We are sorry to know that the temperature in the room was "far too hot”. We can consider it only three degrees celsius above from the optimum temperature of a standar room for the month of February. It is good to remark that the outside temperature at night is/was approximately 8ºC.
We always love to comply with the recommendations made by our guets in their reservations as we have always considered that communication is crucial in order to provide a better service. In this case we could have offered a room change and away from the road traffic. We may say for your information that all our rooms windows are soundproof and reduce the noise we believe effectively. We really apologize for your lack of sleep during your stay in the hotel.
We would just like to remind that our free shuttle to the Airport and all the staff related with it is always willing to help all our guests and it has good reviews among them.

Yours sincerely,