1,628 results
All reviews bankers bar butler service mimosa garden blanc restaurant boulevard room amex platinum dipping pool concierge team garden view passeig de gracia indoor pool steam room luxury hotel casa batllo gaudi buildings hotel is beautiful rooftop bar
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

After looking around for a hotel in the center of the city we decided on The Mandarin. It was amazing!!!Especially the concierge!!! Albert!!! As well as the front end manager Miriam!!!
So if you're looking then look no more! Mandarin is it!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is my fourth trip to Barcelona and my travel agent urged me to change hotels and try the Mandarin Oriental and what a wonderful choice it was. From the bell staff, to the wait staff, to the desk staff, to the house keeping staff, to the staff at the pool, to the concierge staff there wasn't a thing they couldn't do and there wasn't a need that was not met. Every one of the staff seemed to know my name and attention is paid to the smallest and smartest detail. For example, throughout the day at the elevators there is a member of the staff to say hello and ask if you need anything at all. The first day we asked where the breakfast was and he didn't direct us but said, "come with me" and off we went. You really do feel pampered. Although every concierge we dealt with went above and beyond you have to experience Albert and Carlos. They are incredibly well connected and Carlos seems to know the entire world. They act like an old married couple and are a joy to work with. I can't begin to explain the attention to detail so I will give you one example. The second day at the hotel (we were there 5 days) I looked at the novel I was reading and realized that the house keeping staff had added a fancy Mandarin Oriental book mark to my novel as a gift. How cute is that! The room we had was huge it was the Mandarin room. It included a walk in closet/change room and double shower. No tub but that is what we prefer.Very modern looking as is the entire hotel. We did have tapas in the Bankers Bar and it was great as was the one dinner we had at the hotel. Breakfast in the morning includes not only two full cold buffets but you can order anything off the menu. Just plain excellent.

Room Tip: Make sure the person who takes you to your room after check in explains how to use the lights and the TV- all very high tech with lots of buttons I still have no idea what is a terrace and what is a balcony. If you like to sit outside you need the one overlooking their garden not the street.. The ones over looking the street have no chairs and are too small to sit on.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank susanlynne18
Reviewed 2 August 2014

a great hotel, with beautiful dining and cocktail gardens and also the same on their rooftop open wire restaurant and lounge, and dipping pool. magical to be up there at night and see all of barcelona lit up!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Fancy, affordable and great location overall.

I was stunned at the quality of the accommodations given the prices. We were there in high season and it didn't break the bank. The concierge and front desk were polite, friendly and helpful and added materially to our experience of Barcelona with suggestions of out-of-the-way restaurants and tours. Even the lobby exudes taste. Definitely would (and will!) return.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I spent a weekend at the beginning of July 2014, and we were both enthusiastic about our stay.

The hotel is beautifully decorated, Urquiola managed to reproduce the anarchic yet organic balance that one could sense in Gaudi's style. If you have an eye for interior design, you will be amazed; if not, you will simply feel the magic that reverberates from Urquiola's unique and refined taste.

Our room overlooking the Mimosa Garden was spacious, luminous and quiet. Room service was impeccable and the toiletry was good both in quality (I could avoid my regular shampoo and conditioner and still have nice hair) and assortment ( you could find anything you needed). Details that make the difference: bathrobe with inside lining, houseshoes smooth to the skin of your feet.

Staff extremely polite, helpful and resourceful. Not only were they very efficient, but they had a welcoming smile on their face.

Breakfast is excellent in quality and quantity; and the deco of the buffet area is a true treat.

I would not miss eating Japanese food at the restaurant on the roof terrace; amazing balance of taste and atmosphere.

The only minus was that you have to pay for internet connection. Locally, I did not need one, yet I find that given the hotel standards, this option should not be an extra.

Room Tip: Mimosa Garden view are quite ones, the view is not the idyllic mimosa, but more the back of a cosmopolitan Barcelona. I personally liked this genuine and heterogeneous look, but if you were to expect a coveted green atmosphere you are setting yourself for disappointment.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple