All reviews rooftop pool and restaurant short night stay luxury boutique hotel wonderful property rooms are gorgeous restaurant staff pleasure of staying boutique feel concierge team corner suite great amenities stayed in a junior suite memorable stay turn down service safe neighborhood la pedrera eixample area
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a surprise weekend away for my husband’s birthday. Before we had even arrived at the hotel I had been in contact with Peggy (guest relations) regarding having some balloons and champagne placed in the room on arrival. She was very professional and polite and kept in contact with me over a few months to confirm my plans. She also was happy to give several recommendations and book a restaurant for me before we had arrived. On arrival we were greeted by a very happy and enthusiastic member of staff who took our bags and welcomed us to the hotel. He ushered us to the front desk where we were again welcomed and checked in. Our luggage was then taken up to our room, which was stunningly modern and so clean! I was in love. And the bed! Oh my goodness the bed was incredible!! The balloons and champagne were placed on the table with a handwritten note to wish us a happy birthday! From the moment of check in to check out we were warmly welcomed back every time we entered the hotel, and wished a good day/evening as we left. During our stay, I was called whilst we were sight seeing by Mary at the hotel explaining that the restaurant we had booked has unexpectedly closed due to a family death. She asked if there was another restaurant I would like her to book. I had a look on tripadvisor and found a restaurant that looked similar. I showed this to Mary and even though the restaurant was fully booked up, she made it happen and got us a table. She also told them it was my husband’s 30th birthday and the restaurant brought him a delicious chocolate cake with candles. I absolutely adored this hotel and it’s staff and I will definitely return. The rooms are impeccably clean and tidy, bins are emptied twice a day, once during cleaning and once again during turn down, the amenities were always fully stocked, including toothbrushes, toothpaste, as well as all of the usuals. I cannot praise it enough I really can’t. It is definitely “The One.”

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
guestrelationhto, Director de Relaciones Públicas at The One Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Mrs Chelsea B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful score and kind review following your recent stay with us. It´s a true pleasure reading it!

We are more than happy to hear that you had a nice experience at our hotel, and you found excellent our service. We will forward your kind words to our team who will be delighted to hear that they are doing a good job.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you on another birthday or special occasion.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2018

When you are researching hotels in another country, you look at reviews and photos of the rooms. We selected this hotel because it was contemporary, clean and central. What we didn't expect was how damn nice the staff were. From the bellmen, to the front desk to the bar tenders and the restaurant staff, I don't think I have EVER stayed at a hotel where the staff were so pleasant, helpful and professional. The staff here are absolutely fantastic. The rooms are also beautiful and clean. We LOVED this hotel.

Room Tip: Junior Corner Suite was amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjwise518

Dear mjwise518,

Many thanks for your kind mention of our hotel. It's a pleasure reading your comments!

We are very happy to know that you loved the hotel and you had a fantastic stay with us, and would like to thank you for your compliments to our staff. They are glad that they could help you enjoy your stay even more.

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon back in our hotel

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel from 23-26 September.
Upon arriving Michal helped us with our luggage and showed us to the check in area. Felt more like a lounge than a traditional hotel reception. Great first impression! The aroma of the entire hotel is like a Spa, but not heavy
We were checked in very efficiently and within a few minutes on our way to our deluxe room.
Our room was very bright, you enter via the bathroom to the bedroom, unusual design but beautifully furnished. We were impressed by the freshness and cleanliness of the room.
Very well appointed room with individual reading lights, and controls on the nightstands for curtains, lights and housekeeping services.

We ate in both restaurants and their food rivals other fine dining restaurants in the area. We ate breakfast each day in Somni and it was very good. We had a selection of 6 different Tapas one afternoon and they all tasted great. Their interpretation of a club sandwich was very unique, light and delicious.

The rooftop bar was a delight, we had a few too many glasses of red wine and enjoyed the views of the city. The rooftop restaurant and bar was very popular with hotel guests and local residents. Staff are very attentive and super friendly.

We very much enjoyed our short 3 night stay at The One GL and plan to make this our hotel of choice when we return to the city. We are frequent visitors and normally stay at the Majestic hotel but, we enjoyed the location of this hotel in a residential neighbourhood , one block from P Gracia , The Pedrera, and all the luxury brand name stores are within easy walking distance to most of the cities landmarks.

I have stayed in several hotels in Barcelona, however, The One hotel has them beat when I consider their location ,professional service , accommodations and restaurants. Their entire staff exceeded our expectations m in every department which is quite rare these days.

Kudos to everyone at One hotel for providing such a memorable stay

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear sjc0009,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful score and such a detailed and nice review, full of compliments! It's a true pleasure reading it!

We are more than happy to hear that you had a nice experience at our hotel, and you enjoyed the location and found excellent our service. We appreciate all your comments that will certainly encourage other readers to stay with us!

We hope to see you back soon again!

Best regards.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

On our first visit to Barcelona we could not have picked a nicer hotel, from the moment we arrived the staff was outstanding! The hotel itself is very nice, modern and just a block from the nicest shopping area in Barcelona. There are also many restaurants and things to do close by. Our room was very nice as was the rooftop bar and spa area. For us it was the service that made this such a great hotel. The concierge (all of them) were excellent! From their directions, to restaurant recommendations and attraction advice etc.
We will definitely stay here angin on our next visit to Barcelona. I highly recommend it!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
guestrelationhto, Director de Relaciones Públicas at The One Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Travelfunwhynotu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful score and a nice review, full of compliments! It's a true pleasure reading it!

We are more than happy to hear that you had a nice experience at our hotel, and you enjoyed the location and found excellent our service. We will forward your kind words to our team who will be delighted to hear that they are doing a good job.

We hope to see you back soon again!

Best regards.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Even before we arrived Seny ws taking care of us arranging a car service at 1am for arrival that morning later. The service was great, the welcome from car by Isaac and check in by front desk was exceptional. The room was just as the shown on the website. Everything was comfortable, modern and made you want for nothing. You want robes and slippers you got it. You want free espresso in your room you got it. You want free water each night you got it. Rooftop bar hd great vibe with music, great food and unique cocktails Mood style and the staff was top notch there. The concierge was great as well, Nacho was always willing to help and suggest. The hotel is a stone throw away from Casa Mila, then right onto main shopping street. Great location but I am returning for the staff and comfort of the hotel. I will always be my One in Barcelona.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank L D

Dear L D,

Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed feedback on your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your kind gratitude about our staff, and we are delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel and appreciated all the facilities and details offered by the hotel. Our goal is to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible and surprise them with small details so that they can enjoy their stay even more.

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards,