Hotels.com
Agoda.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2019

This hotel is well located, a short walk from the cathedral and many eating places in the old city, and just a couple of blocks from the Museum of Human Evolution and the riverside promenade. The receptionist was friendly and helpful.

The room was not large, but it wasn’t cramped, either. We had two comfortable single beds, two small night stands, a desk and desk chair, and one small table for a suitcase. That meant one person’s suitcase had to go on the desk, which made the desk unusable as a desk. There was no dresser, and although there were shelves in the closet, they were filled with extra blankets and pillows. There was a safe in the room, and a very small TV. In-room Wi-Fi was OK. We found only three electrical outlets—one near each bed and one in the bathroom.

The bathroom was clean and roomy enough, with a sink, toilet, bidet, and walk-in shower.

The air conditioning worked well enough, but only from 1:00 PM to 9:00 AM. There were in-room controls, but we had to ask the receptionist to activate it each day.

I give this hotel three stars because of the little inconveniences. That said, I would be happy to stay there again, especially for a short stay, because there were no major drawbacks, the price was reasonable, and the location was very convenient.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 4 September 2019

Stayed there during my Camino Frances "walk". Very good service from the reception staff, my case hadn't arrived but they phoned me immediately when it arrived. A reasonably large hotel with a bar and restaurant. Room was perfectly OK with plenty of room with en-suite facilities. To be honest I didn't eat there in the evening as I met up with 2 other pilgrims by the cathedral and had a few beers - I slept well! Breakfast was "normal" with bread, jam, orange juice etc. Best thing bout staying here was that I heard the result of Liverpool v Barcelona the night before 4-0!

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 20 August 2019

After walking on the camino de Santiago for a couple of days and staying in noisy hotels, this is definitely the best place to stay at! It is quiet, clean and relaxing! There is a carpet on the floor, so you do not hear the frantic jumping of unattended kids in the hallway.

The location:
If you are a pilgrim and have been walking from Atapuerca, as you enter the city, you have to walk for a couple of kilometres to reach the hotel. Just keep walking straight along the same street, at some point you have to turn right. The hotel is right in the middle of the old town, not far from the huge cathedral. it is also close to the bus station, only 10 minutes walk.

There are cafes and restaurants around, so you won¨t stay hungry.

There is a supermarket nearby too, it takes maybe 15 minutes, and you can still find that couscous that works well for vegans. It is a bit difficult to find, but the staff at the hotel and the locals have been helpful.

The room
The bed was comfortable, nice to sleep in it. There was a bench for the luggage. There were to lights next to the bed, toiletries in the bathroom.

The bathroom
OMG, the bathroom was an experience! It had a very complicated nipple-looking system for turning the shower on, and on the same rack it was mounted something that was supposed to be a bidet. Until I found the right buttons, the whole bathroom got wet, along with the towels, and no matter how environmentally-friendly I wanted to be - it did not work, I still had to have my towels changed.

The staff:
The staff was friendly and helpful, with everything, all the questions that i had. It was open 24hours.

Other
It is possible to get only coffee for breakfast, instead having the whole breakfast.
One could use the stairs, instead of the elevator.
All in all, it is worth the money. Good job! :)

Things to improve
It could do with more light, like some shining from the ceiling. Its difficult to pack a suitcase, I had to place it on the table.

Unmarked stairs to the first floor.

It would be difficult to be environmentally-friendly with that shower system that you have put in use. You can imagine that it takes some time to learn to use it, and first-time users are bound to get the whole bathroom wet.

There was something wrong with the TV, on certain channels there was this loud few sentence outbirst - which was, I guess for people with hearing problems, maybe? I could not figure it out.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank 788riyab
Reviewed 12 April 2019

We loved the location! We loved the hotel! Everything from the reception to the room was great and romantic!
We didn't use the hotel car park, as public parking is very close and under ground so your car is safe. You can get access to the front of the hotel to drop your bags off and check in by using a buzzer to get past the blocked entrance.
Walls are a bit thin between rooms, but it goes with the style of the hotel.
Breakfast was good, but only one lady doing all the work! She was busy!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2019

Having driven 6 hours to our chosen hotel, which we had booked 6 months earlier, only to be told that the hotel did not allow dogs to stay in the rooms, we were so disappointed!! Fortunately a lady contacted the Hotel Cordón to see if they had a vacancy and luckily they did!! We drove to the Hotel Cordón, which is situated in the “old town” and is a little difficult to find. The gentleman on reception, Ishmael was a great help to us, having taken the call from the previous, he knew how stressed we both were. He explained parking and the local area and answered any questions we had, with a smile! The room was large but basic, but had everything we needed for our overnight stay. It was also quite, considering its location. Thanks again, 1st class service in difficult circumstances!!

Date of stay: January 2019