“Average food with very rude abusive staff”
Review of La Dispensa

La Dispensa
Ranked #416 of 1,946 Restaurants in Ibiza
Price range: US$23 - US$52
Description: La Dispensa Ibiza is much more than a restaurant. It's a real and creative workshop where gastronomy, ideas and art are merged in order to create a new concept of restaurant in Ibiza. Our taste for details, the exclusive and the quality of our products will lead our customers to live authentic experiences through their senses. Our fusion cuisine and our artistic, impeccable and vintage decoration will astonish the dinner guest due to its great personality. La Dispensa has got four independent rooms and a terrace at 10 Santa Cruz Street. Therefore, we are in the heart of Dalt Vila.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The evening in this restaurant did not start off very well as the waitress chucked a glass a wine over my friend. We had asked to taste the house white as this was the only wine we could get by the glass, which the waitress with attitude did not like.
We were so disappointed with the attitude and abuse we received due to the fact I didn’t like the starter as it was over cooked. When I tried to explain this to the waitress she argued me with me and said it was a typical Spanish dish. I have eaten all over the world and the best crispy calamari should be crispy on the outside and succulent and definitely not chewy in the inside. I was not offered an alternative and eventually the maitre d’ took my dish away. To top of it I was asked by two separate groups of British customers what we thought of the food and I was truthful and said I wouldn’t recommend the calamari. Just after we had paid for our meal, we can only assume the restaurant manager decided to come out and start shouting at us for our feedback of this dish. Some customers were trying to explain to the restaurant manager and waitresses who were all by then shouting at us, that they had just asked our opinion. If the staff had dealt with this in a respectful and professional manner, we may not have necessarily been so honest to other customers. However to be argued with over a poorly cooked dish was pretty unbelievable! Apart from a lovely friendly male waiter, the other staff need some serious customer services training. My friend and I have never ever experienced such appalling customer service and were so shocked to be shouted at in front of customers and passers by. I wouldn’t recommend this restaurant to any discerning diner. Interestingly I spoke to the concierge at our hotel about our shocking experience and he advised that he had received poor feedback from other customers. A real let down on our so far fabulous Ibizan holiday but thankfully we have been to some fabulous restaurants with amazing service.

5  Thank rachoo1972

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

What a gem this is! Super friendly staff, delicious food and a brilliant spot to watch the world go by. The seafood is so fresh and portions are plentiful.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Great little place, excellent, fast and attentive service. Food of excellent quality and very nicely presented. Good price/quality ratio.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner on Tuesday night. It was very busy bit we managed to get a table on the terrace. The staff were excellent. The restaurant is split between 3 buildings. Inside was beautifully decorated. The food was great. Unfortunately there was no sushi that night. The parmesan aubergine was delicious. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Great food in lovely restaurant! We sat outside and watched people while having good food (pasta arrabiata and octopus salat both were great). Food accompanied with good wine and a really good coffee (as my Italian friend said about the coffee)