All reviews modern hotel hot tub sun terrace suite deluxe scandinavian feel minute walk from la concha old town residential area no tea making facilities shelf space located mins bathroom sink the bus late july blackout curtains main road lounge area
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend and chose the Zenit to stay in. Overall we were very pleased with the hotel. The room was very spacious, stylish and modern. When we closed the black out curtains the room had was pitch black, quiet and the AC kept the room at a perfect temperature all night.

The staff where very helpful to our questions and quick at resolving our requests.

The food was okay, a basic selection on the room service but it was cooked nicely and served quickly, however as a tourist most of your food will be eaten in old town and not at the hotel.

The one comment we had was that this hotel is not in the center of San Sebastián, and is a 20 min walk to the old town (or a 6 euro taxi). However given the amount of food we eat in old town the distance was about right to end an evening with.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

The reception staff are very nice but the restaurant staff are just rude. It's like they hate tourists. Food is good and cheap. Room is clean en big. Nice bathroom. Location of the hotel is not bad but it is a 25 minute walk so not recommended if you're planning a longer stay. Move the hotel and I would totally give them a 4. Not a 5 because of the price. Dogs allowed. They charge 14 euros for parking/night

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NimphaP
RAQUEL C, Gerente at Hotel Zenit San Sebastian, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Ms. Nimpha,

First of all, I want to thank you for choosing us for your stay in San Sebastián.
I would like to apologize for not having achieved our mission, which is the excellence in the service and the personalized attention to each client.
I would like to inform you that thanks to the decoration, functionality and originality of the hotel, our establishment appears in the well-known decoration magazine called On Diseño.
Regarding the situation of the hotel we are situated in Amara, just 1km from the cathedral and the areas of interest, but at the same time, in a quiet neighborhood so that you can enjoy an "oasis of peace" and avoid the bustle of the city center, so it is the perfect area to have a really relaxing stay and be near the city center. 5 minutes walking from the hotel, you can enjoy different bars, restaurants and trendy shops.
I would like to inform you that the parking has a cost of 14.54€ but you can obtain several discounts and advantages with our membership card totally free. Moreover, the price of the parking is in line with all other hotels in the city.
I would also like to thank you once again for choosing Hotel Zenit San Sebastian **** and I invite you to spend your stay with us in next time you visit the city.
I would love to attend you personally next time with the aim of making for you stay an unforgettable experience and hope to live up yor expectations.
Raquel Casado

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We stayed there for one night and enjoyed very much our stay. The front desk is very friendly and took good care of us, giving us a map and indicating the best way to the Old Town "Cidade Vieja" which is a nice 15 Min. walk, getting to know the central área of San Sebatioan.
The room was spacious, modern style, with good aircon, good bathroom and all kind of amentities you need to enjoy your stay. The bed is large and confortable. Wifi worked well in the room for us.
The breakfast is in a very well decorated area with a good offer to enjoy the start of the day.
Parking is in the hotel building for a small fee.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
RAQUEL C, Gerente at Hotel Zenit San Sebastian, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Mr. Stadter,

First and foremost, I want to thank you for choosing us for your stay in San Sebastián. Many thanks to you, and above all a special thanks for your words and also for the 4 out of 5 stars rating you gave us.

Is wonderful to know that you enjoy this much your stay thanks to the facilities, the decoration
we are so proud of (It was featured in a famoous design magazine) and, above all our staff. We work hard every day to accomplish our mission wich is te excellence in the service and your words has been transmitted to all personnel.

We think our location is great to enjoy the city from a very quiet and intimate area and skip the noise and rumble of the old town, and we love to hear that you enjoyed our beds and air conditioning. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We spent seven nights here in late July 2018 and thought the hotel was reasonably good but it was let down by inattention to some rather important details. Our room was spacious and comfortable with a good size bathroom - the room's overall appearance was quite stylish but we sometimes felt that style had won the contest with comfort! The air con was excellent and most welcome on warm and humid summer days and nights. But there were downsides too -our key entry pad was temperamental; our room TV/wifi didn't work despite valiant efforts by the front desk staff to help; BBC World and CNN were surprisingly absent from the channel listing even if the tv had worked; the plug in the bathroom sink didn't work which made it difficult to have a wet shave; the generally high quality bathroom was tarnished by cheap plastic shaving mirrors; the over bed lighting was poor so we found it difficult to read in bed; and worst of all we found a grubby and stained duvet in our room cupboard which had to be replaced but should never have been left there in the first place. We prefer to eat out locally in San Sebastian/Donostia so didn't use any of the food and drink facilities. The front desk staff were friendly enough but mostly briskly business-like. We didn't mind the 15 minute (or thereabouts) walk to the city centre but some people might find this a challenge. Generally we felt the hotel was adequate without being particularly memorable.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Gareth,

First and foremost I want to thank you for choosing us for your stay in San Sebastian and taking the time of sharing your experience with us.

We like to hear that your overall experience is good and you ejoyed the facilities, bathroom and air-conditioning.But we really appreciate the details you offered us to improve, because they are the guides that help us achieve our mission, which is the excellence in the service.

Is because of this details I feel surprised about what could happened in our internal communication that failed to provide you a good experience, and want you to know that we are
actually taking strides in improving the exposed areas but, most importantly, I want to apologize to you if we could not fulfill your expectations.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

San Sebastian is a beautiful place but we were not happy with this hotel so it made it difficult for us to 100% love the experience. The hotel is far from the beach, the keys didn't work, the bathrooms are super basic, the breakfast is horrible, coffee is bad, Hotel is over priced, elevators take forever to work, they have like a super small jacuzzi on the roof basically for one person so I don get the use of this actually! This was a last minute booking so I had to go with this option. If you are going to San Sebastian look in advance to find a hotel closer to the beach, we had a fantastic time swimming in the ocean.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Mr. folie:

On the other hand, I would like to inform you that the price of our establishment is in line with other hotels of the city. Moreover, you can obtain several discounts and advantages with our membership card, totally free.