All reviews central location excellent location la concha beach old town pension luggage wifi bars
Reviewed 26 September 2017

This is very basic accommodation which is very very expensive. The place was almost impossible to find with no display signs and the woman answering the phone was very unhelpful even though spoken to in Spanish. No breakfast, no view, smelly room, damp bed, broken sink and very noisy.
There is much better accommodation at much more reasonable prices available.

Room Tip: Do not book this accomodation
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The location of this hotel is right in the middle of the old quarter which is great until one tries to park the car. Not easy especially as we arrived during fiesta week and roads were often blocked off for processions. Our room was small even after the owner had upgraded us. She was very charming but I have to say that this pension is extremely over-priced. 3 nights here cost us more than 3 nights in a 5 star hotel in Santiago del Compostela. The fiesta and fireworks were some compensation. It's a great pity because the owner really did her best to accommodate us but........and there was a smell on arrival but in the reception area.

Room Tip: Stay away from corner rooms as the square outside can be rather noisy i.e. until 6.30 am one night/morning.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Very expensive for a pension where you pay hotel prices. Rickety furniture, no water bottles in the room, "the tap water in san Sebastian is very nice" Not reachable by phone when we wanted to ask info about parking possibilities. When we did reach them after 5 times, we received the wrong information. Hygiene good overall

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately I didn't have a nice stay.
The room was poor (but still fine), the problem was the smell. I've asked to change the room on the arrival day. The young lady at the reception told me that it was fine but only the day after. It has a quite hard request because there was no English speaker (Spanish only).
The day after I spoke with a different lady (she didn't know anything about my complaint) who came to the room to check the smell: once in the room, she has opened the window as first thing and then she said that she couldn't smell anything.
Even if they tried to make me happy, they couldn't because the only option was a room with the external shower.
I had to stay there because on that day San Sebastián was fully booked but I've tried to leave.
Happy ending: they have applied a minimum discount on one night only out of two. It's literally overpriced pension.
Good point: location

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2017

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights during our Spain tour. We love how it is right smack in Parte Vieja (Old Town) and all the sights and best restaurants/pintox bars are just within walking distance. Our room was quaint and clean, and has a small balcony overlooking a small square. There's free coffee, tea and water in a common lounge and wifi is also available for their customers

It might be hard though for people with big luggage as from the entrance, you have to walk a few steps up before you get to the elevator. There's only 1 elevator and it is small, my husband and I had to take separate trips going up with each of our luggage. Also, the lady in the reception (I'm not sure if she is the owner) is not so friendly and during our checkout, she took so long looking for our receipt from her record book.

But all in all, I would recommend this to friends who are planning to go to beautiful San Sebastian, Spain and looking for a nice but affordable place to stay at.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple