1,137 results
All reviews the bus walk along the river minute walk old town nice hotel direct access bilbao airport convenient location cleaning staff good size hotel restaurant cafes and restaurants comfortable beds couple of nights nice walk tapas underground parking
Reviewed 20 September 2018

This hotel looks a bit tired and in need of paint on the outside ( ignore the bright pictures on the website) , but once you step inside it is indeed a hotel worth staying at.
Rooms were impeccable and clean.
Staff were very helpful and English was good.
In house meals were above average and well priced , the cafe section was always open when I needed it, but the cosy bar was a real treat ( unfortunately only opened at 7 )
Throughout the hotel were amazing art works of all descriptions - including the nude which was opposite my breakfast table....which my wife thought I had chosen deliberately.
The only negatives I could find was the price for breakfast -E19...a bit steep but very comprehensive - and of course one of our travel group only ate cereal and fruit so didn't really get her moneys worth.
And the location - nicely positioned across the river bend, but still a good 10- 15 minute walk to the beach and old town.
I am sure there are other hotels closer to the "action" - if thats what you want
Still I highly recommend the Amara - and would give it 4 and a half .

Room Tip: Because of the location , all rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillMonas
Quest774289, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Silken Amara Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear BillMonas,
Thank you so much for sharing your opinion about the stay with us. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed the experience and we will be delighted to welcome you again in next visits. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need anything, we are at your disposal.
Best regards.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

In San Sebastián for 3 days on family vacation. Hotel is great, staff friendly with beautiful art work on walls. Well located, 20 min walk to old town, perfectly located for nice runs. Quiet.
Restaurant (Bistro Bar) has great service and delicious fish soup among other things. Cafeteria is perfect for breakfast.
Pleased with our experience!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline and Mi... J
Management response:Responded 16 August 2018

Dear Caroline and Mi...J,

Thank you for staying at Silken Amara Plaza Hotel and for taking the time to share your kind review with us.
We appreciate your recognition and are glad that our staff , our gastronomy, our art collection and our convenient location were able to make your stay so enjoyable.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards from Donosta - San Sebastian

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

First, if you’re African American, you probably want to think hard about going San Sebastián. I have no hard evidence just plenty of experience about it feels when people are being bias and withholding services without just calling you the N Word. As for a bill of particulars (1) front desk person was quite rude when I asked for his attention while standing in front of him versus 3-min call he made me wait thru. His training I guess didn’t include, one minute sir I’ll be right with you.

Also, concierge sent me via taxi to a Laundry that was closed. Upon return from this waste of time, I asked why didn’t you call to confirm location was open, she just shrugged and said oh well. In general, San Sebastián ranks among the homogeneous locations I have ever visited!

Many African Americans can really relate, you sit down in the restaurant and server ignores you until you approach the bar area and expressly request service. This is how they roll at this hotel.

Rooms: I had two, king and a double. Both rooms were clean. By American standards, small. Rooms have plenty of power outlets, nice TV, everything worked except for safe. I was on floor 1, you could hear noise from street. I never figured out if rooms have air but temp is mild so no issue. Only 2 American tv stations, Bloomberg and CNBC, love CNN. Lobby area and grounds are quite impressive. Location is central and you can walk to lunch, dinner etc.

Vibe and music in common is hip and very similar to W Hotels.

If they figure out how to hire and/or train good service resources, this place could become a must see!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank waynerobin

Good morning!
Thank you for trusting Silken Amara Plaza during your recent stay in Donostia - San Sebastian.
We appreciate your stay and we take this opportunity to respond to your opinion to inform you:

Our main objective is the satisfaction of our customers, without taking into account at any time the nationality of the visitor and without making any distinction. We understand your review about our service as a subjective appreciation which we do not share..

We will take your comment about laundry information and hotel facilities into account and do not hesitate to contact us if we can help you with anything, we are at your disposal.
A cordial greeting,

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

A very nice hotel to stay in. It was clean. The reception staff was friendly and helpful with directions. Underground parking is 19 euros and is located across the street but there's a direct access to it via the hotel elevator. A bus stop to go downtown is a 2-minute walk from the hotel. It's about 25-30 minute walk downtown.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Ivan V
We always find it nice to read that our guests went home with great holiday memories and we are very grateful for the time and effort you spent to share your personal experience at our Silken Amara Plaza hotel with us and TripAdvisor readers.
We hope to see you again, best regards.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I was recommend to come to San Sebastian by one of my friend and the city did not disappoint , please make you do the following
boat trip to Santa Klara and bring a picnic and your swimming suit !!!
beach ( La Concha)
Bus tour of the city
Go to Biarritz inn the south of France for the day
cider village ( Petritegi Sagardotegia )

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Curtis C
Thank you so much for sharing your comment about the stay with us. We are very happy to know that your stayin our city was to your liking and we will be delighted to welcome you again in next visits. Do not hesitate to contact us, we are at your disposal for anything your need.
Best regards