“Friendly service, fantastic food ”
Review of La Kanela

La Kanela
Ranked #137 of 819 Restaurants in Torremolinos
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Friendly service and fantastic food. Most of us had the deer with rice, which was tasty and beautifully presented.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We first visited La Kanela on Saturday night with seven of us arriving unplanned. The staff were very friendly and quickly set up tables for us together. The menu was extensive and clear with English subtitles. I had a pasta starter with clams, mussels and a delicious sauce, followed by pork medallions with pepper sauce. I didn't want it to end! Everyone else thoroughly enjoyed their meals too, including a little treat from the chef (amusebouche) to keep us busy while they made the starters. Over the following days we tried a few other places but, when it came to organising a birthday dinner on Tuesday night, for one of our party, we were in no doubt where our hearts lay. We booked for a party of 10 (joined by a few additional friends who flew in for the occasion) and asked if they could provide a suitable cake and some 'bubbly'. This was all "no problem" and arranged with the absolute minimum of fuss. I couldn't resist returning to the same starter but, this time, tried the lamb chops on a bed of french fries. Another great choice! The cake was brought in with a little fanfare and a lot of sparkles and proved to be delicious. The atmosphere created by the lovely staff and delightful decor is wonderful and we all enjoyed it so much that we returned today for our final lunch before coming home. Once again, Top Class and I look forward to returning. The sooner the better!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

When in Torremolinos i stay in La carihuela, but always make sure to take a walk up to La kanela. It's a great restaurant with delicious food, and a lovely atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I'm looking forward to visiting again soon. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I visited this restaurant on my last visit & was impressed with the variety on the menu as well as the presentation . Returning again the owners recognised me & the menu was just as good as I remembered it. I would suggest that anymore visiting Torremolinos should go .

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across this place with my friends on a night out in Torremelinos during the Dec holiday season. The service was very good, staff were warm ,kind and helpful. Always smiling and made us feel at home. Food was lovely, portions huge and homely. We had an amazing time sitting and chatting whilst laughing at this venue. Nothing too fancy, just nice, warm and at ease. Wonderful memories of this place.

Well done!