“Absolutely Disgusting..”

Price range: US$17 - US$23
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casa Colon se halla en la Plaza San Miguel, en pleno centro historico de Torremolinos, junto a la Torre que tantos siglos ha visto pasar. Sea cual sea la hora del dia, en nuestro local siempre podra tomar nuestras mejores tapas y otros productos de temporada. Acompanelas con uno de nuestros vinos selectos o con las cervezas de barril de primeras marcas. Naturalmente, tambien recomendamos las bebidas sin alcohol y nuestras especialidades en mariscos y productos elaborados. En nuestro local ofrecemos una estancia especial: tanto en los meses mas frios como en verano puede disfrutar en nuestra terraza de nuestra seleccion de tapas y raciones recien elaboradas. Tanto si se trata de una reunion de trabajo, el placer de tomarse una cerveza bien fria bajo el sol primaveral o de relajarse despues del trabajo catando un buen vino de nuestra seleccion, estaremos encantados de recibir su visita Y para matar el gusanillo, una racion de nuestra variedad entre varias ensaladas, mariscos, embutidos, mojamas, revueltos, verduras al Grill, conservas, pates o carnes... Visitenos, disfrutara de un ambiente agradable y relajado para charlar con los amigos CASA COLON Torremolinos Plaza San Miguel 8,Torremolinos, Spain.952 381 532 • Zona WiFiGastrobar & Gin-Bar. Seleccion y degustacion de los mejores productos locales
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Visited this Restaurant last night with Family. There were only a few tables in and looked very empty and quiet. We asked for a table for the 5 of us and were shown to a table right in the far corner.

Tatty paper menus which were not good. Drinks order taken and then delivered. Whilst looking through the menu, we couldn’t really understand what the restaurant was?! A very strange selection of weird meals to pick from..

A decision was made and we all ordered.. Few Burgers, Steak, Chicken.. A number of things which we wanted weren’t available and it was only upon asking for them were we told that they weren’t available, maybe we should of been told before we ordered or at the point of the drinks order.

Food arrived on the table, all looked a little odd.. Didn’t at all look appetising. My girlfriends steak which she asked to be Medium, but you could clearly see from just looking at it could barely be described as blue.. So that was immediately send back and asked to be cooked to Medium. I then cut into my Burger, in half, opened it up and the whole burger was still raw!.. I wasn’t comfortable eating it so yet again got the waitresses attention and sent it back..

I wasn’t expecting the Burger to be delivered back, in the same condition it left the table in! Albeit cooked slightly more. To me, it was obvious that the “chef” had purely lifted the burger bits out of the bread, tried to cook it some more, and then placed it back in the bread.. No new bread, no new salad or garnish, no new chips, nothing. So where had firstly been a raw piece of meat, he had then placed the recooked bit back in the same position.

I politely said that I didn’t want it and for it to be taken away. I explained my reasons and the waiter removed it. He offered me another burger to which I thanked him but had been put off by this point and said No. Personally, maybe a new burger should of been ordered instead of recooking the raw one..

Two minutes later, the table noticed a new burger coming out.. I explained that I didn’t want it and it was taken back!

The whole table didn’t really enjoy any part of the meal or dining experience and all felt rather annoyed. Really very expensive for the poor quality and service that was provided!

We paid the bill and got up from the table, only to look forwards the kitchen to see the “chef” standing in the doorway of the kitchen, arms crossed, smiling at us as we were walking out, almost laughing! His eyes followed us to the door! Absolutely disgusting and unprofessional!

The worst possible experience we all had over the time we spent in the town! I would say to anyone thinking of going, DONT!!

foodiegoal, Gerente at Colon Torremolinos the culinary bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Scotti,

Thank you for yor feedback and apologies for your bad experience, unfortunately our chef was on holiday and seems that the agency chef did not meet our standards, i have to say that this is a very isolate case as we do cover over 5000 guest a month and rarely had such a bad feedback.

We will investigate further, thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Went here the other night with friends. Service was quite good. The food however was just appalling. Me and my friend ordered the beef stroganoff. Not cheap and it was pretty much red oil and rice. Not really edible. A couple of my friends enjoyed the food as the clearly picked right. My other friend ordered fish Thai curry. It was like glue and was just inedible. It was sent back. I would never go back just awful food. My advise would be be very careful what you order here.

foodiegoal, Gerente at Colon Torremolinos the culinary bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Robert

Thank you for your feedback, unfortunetly you did not complaint to our waiters so we could addres the issue as we cook our food from scratch and work with the higher standards.

I am glad your friends really enjoyed the experience.

Have a lovely day

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Visited twice. First night sat on the left. Good service. Second night sat on the right. Awful. Dirty floor, plastic table clothes and you get forgotten. Got fed up trying to attract waiters attention so paid inside and didnt leave a tip. Food still good no matter which side you sit on.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We had dinner during the week. The staff was great. We split an enormous goat cheese salad, and had the beef stir fry and the chicken teriyaki. Both were large dishes and might have benefited from some soy sauce. Great location on a plaza which anywhere else would have been surrounded by restaurants.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

My twin brother Stephen and I dropped into this restaurant on a roasting hot afternoon while wandering around the great old town of Torremolinos and what a great find.
A cool interior with great decor and furnishings including a cool looking serving bar and plenty of seating options spread throughout this restaurant both inside and outside looking out onto the busy and bustling Plaza San Miguel.
Greeted warmly by a very pleasant member of staff who took our order of a couple of beers while we checked out the menu, the beers were served in tip top condition being iced cold and sparkling and we opted to have Burger and chips for our meal as we wanted a quick,filling tasty meal as we had a lot of pubs picked out we planned to visit in this sun drenched resort.
After a shortish wait our meals arrived,the burger was superb,thick,juicy and very tasty with a great filling and the chips were thick cut and delicious and coupled with our iced cold beers made for a great dining experience.
We really enjoyed our meal and beers in here before we moved on and for a first time visit we were very impressed with Colon Torremolinos.
Colon Torremolinos is easy to locate on Plaza San Miguel facing the beautiful Church Of San Miguel.
A great restaurant and one I highly recommend you visit if your in the area.