1,993 results
All reviews level room level service lovely hotel adult pool two double beds garden room half board family pool tennis courts minute stroll sea view the ground floor pool towels visited this hotel breakfast and dinner short break out of season
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Another wonderful stay at the Melia Banus. Luis and the team, with special mention of
Cristina, all offer wonderful service and hospitality at its best. I wouldn’t hesitate to
recommend this hotel for the friendliness of the staff, general ambience of and
unique and perfect position on the outskirts of Puerto Banus.
I hardly want to write this review I’m so worried everyone will want to go!
Need I say more?

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors possibly the quietest
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2018

We spent 5 nights at this hotel and booked the room upgrade which also allowed us to use The Level, which was a small cafe bar serving drinks / snacks all day FOC a little like all inclusive, choice was limited but nice. Unfortunately we found the food in the main restaurant, which I'm sorry to say looked like a class room rather than a restaurant,was not too our usual 5 star standard it felt a little repetitive so on our last day we ate at the marina. I'm dairy free and I asked the chef a couple of times if he could do soup without cream but he couldn't understand me so I gave up. I also found there were some communication problems with other staff who couldn't speak English well when I asked the porter if there was a bus stop near by again he couldn't understand. Our room was 419 which was very spacious, a little clinical, but beautiful clean white sheets, comfortable beds and pillow choices. Good size bathrooms, with toiletries daily, dressing gowns and slippers. The Room had. TV/ iron/ mini bar/ coffee machine, but unfortunately they didn't have a kettle to make a cup of tea. We booked a sea view room and this was a side view with a limited view of the sea, the sun rose in the morning but the veranda didn't really get sun in the afternoon. The balcony overlooked a small public car park which at times was very noisy on one evening we called reception as there was music blaring it was someone in a car with the doors wide open and the hotel had to call the police. We booked the Melia for its perfect location, if you go out through the back door to the beach and turn left over the wooden bridge this takes you on a beautiful coastal walk to Marbella. We love to walk and strolled the 4 miles into Marbella daily stopping off at some fab restaurants along the way my favourite being Cappicino Grand cafe, just delightful, lovely food and a relaxing atmosphere. The walk back depending on time of year can get quite warm Depending what time you come back so make sure you have a hat sun screen and water. If you don't like walking that far walk into Banus to the marina, again out of the back door towards the beach and take a right, lots of little beach bars then once you hit the marina lots of restaurants to choose from. The hotel has a lovely heated in door pool with sauna / a couple of outdoor pools with an adult only area and garden areas
Even with the negatives I would still stay at this hotel, as I felt the positives out weighed any negatives but maybe I would do just b and b.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms facing the car park
Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2018

First of all let me say that we had a lovely stay at this 4* hotel and as other guests have said it's definitely NOT a 5*. The hotel is very well decorated, staff very nice and helpful, nice breakfast (will get back to that in a moment) and very well located to walk into the port on go to the beach.
Love the adult are around the pool, but not sure there are enough sun beds for a 200+ room hotel. Think you might have a problem in the high season.
Back to the breakfast, why when your spending hundreds of euros a night to stay in the hotel, do they charge 4 euros for a cappuccino? Just put 4 euros on the cost of the stay and give FREE cappuccinos.
The room are well decorated, but why do we still have showers above the bath?
I would come back, but to all travellers remember it's a 4* hotel as it lacks the finer points such as an evening turn down, replacement of the free bottle of water in the room once you have finished it and a few other minor points.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Had a fantastic stay, nice rooms, good breakfast and dinner. Would recommend "level" Access for free drinks, snacks and ability to get away from everybody else! Breakfast can be a bit crowded, the d.o.m. restaurent is excellent!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Reviewed 6 October 2018

My wife and I have just returned from a short break at this great hotel. We chose to stay in a Level room with a sea view and were so glad we did. Having a level room have access to the level lounge where you could enjoy snacks and drinks all day long and even spirits for a couple of hours in the evening.
The hotel is spotless and the staff work hard to keep it this way. Our room was a decent size on the 5th floor and was very modern with robes, slippers and a great range of toiletries provided. We were bed and breakfast and the buffet breakfast each morning was very good.
The pool area is beautiful and kept very clean and pool towels are provided, plenty of sun beds too.
It is short walk (10 mins) in to the centre of Puerto Banus along the prom. Louis in the Level sorted bikes for us on one day and we cycled in to Marbella which was great fun. Plenty of nice beaches near by.
Overall a great break in a lovely hotel, we will certainly return. Thank to everyone for looking after us.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor with sea view
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple