2,000 results
All reviews level room level service lovely hotel adult pool two double beds garden room half board tennis courts sea view bottle of cava the ground floor pool towels visited this hotel breakfast and dinner short break out of season plenty of sunbeds
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The room was fantastic (as it was last year), and the staff were very attentive and friendly. It's nice because you can build a rapport with them. Lovely view from the balcony of the pool too! In regards to the room, the only thing that struck me was: We were second floor, overlooking the pool. SO CLOSE.....yet so far. We had to walk quite a long corridor, down stairs, and through another corridor.... call me unfit, but when you're eager to just swim (or eat, or are returning from a heavy meal, or just want to "nip back to the room" if you forgot something) it's not the nicest of thoughts!

But that's such a petty and pointless complaint! Always a good sign when you can't think of anything more critical than "walking" in a review though, right?! There were two sets of lifts too, I just don't like using lifts. Okay I'll stop rambling.

Lovely breakfast food, great variety, sun beds are always available (get there before 11:30 though if I were you), lovely pools, nice bar area, luxury interior and exterior!

You can change your towels for a new towel or a towel ticket when you're round the pool too. Beach is really nearby!

IT'S CLOSE TO SOME FANTASTIC RESTAURANTS! I really, really recommend "Aurora Beach" for Dinner, "Azucar Beach" for a seafood lunch, and this other lovely little one (that looks like a location for BBC's "Death in Paradise") that has a long name I can't remember. It's on the beach, by the red bridge and they're great for TAPAS and salads!

Puerto Banus is rather nearby too, and has some lovely restaurants overlooking the marina, where nice cars are often shown off.... I wouldn't consider myself too materialistic, but it's nice to see some good engineering pass by whilst you're eating! Round the back of that part there's often a brilliant, vibrant market -- a little akin to the market stalls at WOMAD! When walking the road from the hotel to Puerto Banus, BEWARE THE SEGWAYS. AND SCOOTERS. AND TRIKES. Lots of people and kids on rental vehicles! Lots of bikes too. But hey, keeps you on your toes a bit :)

Despite the luxury of the hotel, I didn't feel worried about "walking on the grass" or laughing too loudly around the breakfast table. The staff are very down to earth and kind. I learnt some Spanish from a few too! We stayed primarily around the kid's pool and in the bar area. The evening entertainment was lovely too! Especially the modern-twist violinist. The hotel also order taxi's for you whenever you need one, free of charge (as far as I'm aware), and they come very quickly and are a nice service.

I could probably write more but I fear my writing would appear too sporadic!

If you get the chance, GO! It's great!

Room tip: Families with young children get (I think by default, or ask) the first floor, where you can walk straight out into the pool area.
2  Thank AmberInTheWild
gexmanagermarbellab, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Marbella Banus, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear AmberInTheWild.

We thank you for such an amazing valuation which help us to share with Tripadvisor community your experience between us. In addition, your detailed and personalized comment will allow our future guest to know in advance all our facilities and services and about our surrounding areas.

We are so glad that all Melia Experience satisfied you and we were able to exceed your expectations. For us is the best present you can give us.

We hope to have a new chance to host you again in your home away your home.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This hotel has high aspirations and prices but its just avarage in most of its services and location.
If you plan to come with teenage children stay away from there.
The problem is they have artificailly divided section for adults (big pool, more quiet area) where you child will be formaly identified by very formal management staff and expelled to the kids area (small pool , noisy).
So you as a parent have an option to stay with your teenager at the kids area with no Chance to relax or separate the family. Very unpleasant situation. Not justified by the overall familly character of the hotel.

2  Thank Jacek T

Dear Jacek.

I thank you for your time to write us your valuation. I do regret to receive this feedback about your recent stay with us.

As we were talking, we have options for our guest, an adult pool only, which means +18 years old, and other pool for all ages. In our main pool we have different areas where you are able to listen to the music or stay away from them and stay calm and relax yourself. We do regret if you do not consider right to request you that your under 18 son were not able to stay in the adult +18 area but, as I personally explain you, we have to be fair with other guest´s son and daughter who are following the rules.

I do not want to lose the chance to request you to come back to our Melia hotel because I totally sure that you have enjoyed yourselves with us and this small incidence does not avoid us to welcome you back.

Best regards.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Just returned from a wonderful family vacation. Ages of family members ranged from 1 to 64. Excellent facilities for all. Food of the highest quality. Staff made us all feel welcome and we're so lpful and proactive

Room tip: Premium or Level Room facing the adult pool
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
2  Thank Y5397PJjillh
gexmanagermarbellab, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Marbella Banus, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Y5397PJjillh,

On behalf all Melia Marbella Banús I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time and give us such an amazing feedback about your last experience between us.

What a big pleasure to read your nice comment referring your last stay with us. We are so happy knowing we have reached your expectations through our facilities and services. We will be delighted to welcome you back and provide another Melia experience and to make your stay unforgettable.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Been first time in this hotel, reception very kind and helpful Kids&Co great with the daily activities missing minidisco or something or the night for kids. Honey did a wonderful pilates class and they have also a little gym for working out. Generally the hotel is very nice for the prise and love the adults pool. Cleaning can be a little bit better.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank kkovacskrisztina

Dear kkovacskrisztina,

We really appreciate you have taken your valuable time to share with Tripadvisor community your recent experience at our Melia Marbella Banús hotel.

We are delighted to know that your first impression was really good, and our facilities, and, especially the positive attitude our staff created you, special mention to our Activities team, Honey. Moreover, it is a real pleasure for us that you have enjoyed our pools areas.

I have no words to describe you how glad we are knowing that we reached your expectations. We are looking forward to welcome you back as soon as possible.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is elegant and clean.

It is situated in Puerto Banùs, the most beautiful part of Marbella.

It has a swimming pool "only for adults" and a pool for kids with various entertainments and mini club.

The rooms are big and always clean.

The buffet restaurant has a very good service and good quality food.

We went to the "DOM", the restaurant not included in the full board. A fantastic experience. They offer revisited local cuisine.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gel2000it
gexmanagermarbellab, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Marbella Banus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear gel2000it,

Thank you for reporting us your feedback about your recent experience at Melia Marbella Banus. It is a real honor to know that you enjoyed it using all our offer.

It is a real pleasure for us that one of the main items to book with us was our privilege location in Puerto Banus. In addition, we are so glad knowing you could joined your experience in your room, being yourselves comfortable and satisfied. On the other hand, we are so proud meeting that you have tried the essence of Málaga through our DOM restaurant.

Looking forward to see you as soon as possible.