1,124 results
All reviews round bath costa del sol sea soul restaurant outdoor jacuzzi separate shower dress code in the restaurant animation team half board walk in wardrobe themed nights all inclusive guests stayed all inclusive mini club nearest shop lovely break evening entertainment spanish families
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

It is my last day here of a 3 night stay bed and breakfast and I made a big mistake. I thought for a short break this 4 star hotel would be fine but be warned it is a hotel for a particular demographic and that’s Families with kids and people who want loud noise and lots of other people around them. This review is to warn people who want a relaxed holiday maybe older people and couples without kids don’t even bother coming here !

First off the hotel looks fairly nice and the people on the desk are welcoming. It’s is very clean and the common areas are well maintained.

There is one main pool don’t be fooled by the amount of pools it says it has ( it includes the private balcony pools the little kids bits off the main pool and pools in the spa when listing the amount so essentially it’s one pool you have access too if you’re not paying extra ) The main pool is always rammed loud music blaring kids screaming obnoxious entertainment it’s just chaos !

People put there towels on the beds from 7 am, every bed close to the pool has a towel on it by 8 am. We had a room with a swim up shared access pool thank god otherwise I would have just left and found another hotel. I didn’t even venture to the main pool I walked past to get to the beach and suppressed a shudder. No quiet pool no adults only area so for some people who don’t like that sort of thing I would feel very sorry for.

The private pool that comes with the pool access rooms is nice and the view over the beach really is stunning. This fact made up for a lot ! It is a shame as this hotel could be so much more it’s location is great. Have to point out In the photos it looks like an infinity pool overlooking the beach but it’s not it is on a balcony so it’s on the second floor and be warned you don’t get any sun beds up there just a table and two hard chairs on your balcony. So you can’t sunbathe. You can’t access the beach from there either or the fenced in sun beds downstairs facing the beach, there are stairs down to the ground floor rooms from the pool area but there is no access as it leads to other people’s balconies and they lock the doors. So if you want to go down you have to go back through your room and use the stairs or lift.

Our room was fine bit dated and bizarrely features a round bath and sink in the room. The bed was massive quite hard but slept well on it with no backache and you can order more pillows at reception. Bathroom was roomy with a decent shower and there was a huge dressing dressing room with plenty of storage. Air con is pretty rubbish fan above the bed worked once and then completely stopped working. Tv is flat screen but only has two English channels cnbc and Bloomberg so nothing to watch if you are English and you can’t change any dubbed channels back to English except the Disney cartoon channel. Real shame as we spent a lot of time in our room and considering the amount of English people I would have thought there would be more on offer

Breakfast is a pretty poor show and if you go down after 9 o clock it’s awful packed
and noisey. Coffee and juice are from machines no table service and are pretty horrible and the scrambled egg is made from powdered egg it was horrific. Pancakes made from a mix totally bland and they don’t know what bacon is it’s fried ham either burnt or nearly raw and there are snotty eggs with burnt bottoms. How people can say the food here is good is beyond me thank god we didn’t upgrade to all inclusive as based on the breakfast I wouldn’t have wanted to eat it.

If you want to use the Sunbeds on the beach it’s 10 euros a day. Using the room safe is 3 euros per day carpark is 10 euros per day and the mini bar ? You have to order the whole pack for 25 euros and they come and put it in for you it’s mainly drinks and one packet of crisps and one packet of peanuts. Rip off. We got to the hotel gone 10 o clock at night we were starving but no room service and naff all food in the mini bar.

The area is really nice we hired a car and drove to Estepona one day and Puerto Banus another day. I would definitely come back to the area just not the hotel.

As we had a late flight home we enquired the day before to see if we could keep the room on till 6. The lady wrote it down and the said to come back and check later, when we went back she wasn’t there so we spoke to a man. I’m not going to say gentleman because he wasn’t, he told us bluntly it was not possible to keep the room as they were booked up we inquired if we could get another room and he just said no we are full without even checking he was pretty unhelpful. The next morning I decided to double check with another lady on the desk she was very helpful and said she was very sorry we couldn’t keep our room but immediately found us another room to use until 6 the difference was amazing. So it depends who you get as to the level of service you receive ! The majority of staff are really nice and are a credit to the hotel very polite.

I would not go down and drink in the bar if you paid me although if you want to make friends with Dave and Susan from Doncaster and there 4 rowdy kids listen to crap music and get pissed on cheap Spanish beer you would have loved it !

I feel pretty bad leaving this review as it is partly my fault for not realising exactly what sort of hotel I was booking. But I really didn’t like this hotel and I feel I should warn others about my experiences here.

4  Thank Laineonthemove
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Costa Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sending us your very helpful review of your recent holiday. We sincerely regret that you had some issues during your stay with us and we would like to address some of them. First of all, our professional chefs do their utmost to please all of our guests on a daily basis providing variety and quality using only the best ingredients, therefore we apologise that this is not the impression that you received. Furthermore, all of our staff are trained following a strict protocol and are renowned worldwide for their kind and friendly manner, nevertheless as complete customer satisfaction is always our goal we will relay your observations to our team for their serious consideration and will investigate all of the areas of concern that you mention in your review. On the other hand, we would like to express our appreciation for your compliments regarding the warm welcome that you received on arrival, our amazing team of staff and the views from our lovely four-star hotel that is ideal for families. Your comments are invaluable in helping us create the ideal holiday experience now and in the future. We trust that you had a pleasant journey home.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 3nights. This is typically an all inclusive hotel but we opted to not do all inclusive as the food and the surroundings was not up to standard. They want 60euro per head per day. No thank you! We wined and dined at fancy restaurants 15mins from the hotel and Spent less around 70euro for both of us or day! When we checked in we did receive a warm welcome and was given an upgrade to a beach view room which was nice. Unfortunately, two out of the three days was foggy which apparently was a rarity in the area. They have restaurant, bar and entertainment area but everything is outdated. I don’t think it’s worth the money they are asking for. The hotel is 15 mins drive to Estepona shopping, beach and restaurant. I wouldn’t recommend the hotel for couples. Not much good things to say about this place so I will leave at that.

2  Thank Rae B
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Costa Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Rae,

Although we are very surprised to read your comments relating to your recent holiday at Iberostar, we do thank you for having chosen our hotel for your holiday. We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations regarding the modernity of our establishment. We are aware that our hotel is not newly built, but we try to pamper it and keep it in perfect condition, as it is our desire to offer our clients a comfortable stay that will only optimize their holiday. We will send your comments to the management team as the opinion of our clients is what helps us to improve day by day. On the other hand, we are delighted to read that we could please you with an upgrade on your arrival at our hotel and we trust that you have taken some wonderful memories home with you. We very much hope that you will join us in the future at one of our hotels. Until then we wish you well.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I’ll start with the positives :-

Nice if slightly dated swim up room
Clean
Friendly staff
Good selection of buffet style food

Negatives:-
Location
Sun bed at swim up room
Expensive

I have to say this hotel wasn’t our first choice, but due to it not being ready to open in time this was the recommended alternative.

Overall the hotel was nice but it’s in the middle of nowhere, you need a car to reach shops, even just to buy water, it’s not on a bus route nor can you walk to anything. This is a major problem as then you have to buy EVERYTHING at the hotel. 2 small bottles of water €5. If you are half board you will really find the cost of soft drinks and water quite an expense, but if like me, you don’t care because it’s a holiday then you pay and suck it up.

We upgraded to a swim up room which was lovely but the hotel really needs to add sunbeds to these rooms as how are you then meant to use the room to its full potential? You want to lie there and enjoy the sun not sit in a hard chair all day.

Room was large with a jacuzzi bath, but the decor is quite tired, it wasn’t dirty, just needed upgrading. Maid service was daily and they did a great job of keeping it clean but there was a god awful smell from the drains in the bathroom and it was making me nauseous by the end of the long weekend we spent there. There is a hairdryer in the room but if you have any longer than shoulder length hair take your own as it was as powerful as a hand held fan lol. There is a walk in wardrobe along with iron, ironing board and trouser press.

Lots of sunbeds around the pool but we preferred to lie down under the swim up rooms as it was quiet and far away from the kids pool looked onto the beach too. I believe if you wished to use the beds on the beach it cost you €15. Beach Towels are €10 euros each deposit and can be changed as much as you wish.

Food at the pool bar was quite restrictive in choice but cooked fresh and very tasty. They also let us take leftovers back to the room in little takeaway boxes.

We got a taxi into Puerto Banus at the cost of €20. It was lovely and I’d wished we had stayed maybe closer to the action so that we could have strolled in and out at our leisure.

You definitely need to hire a car if you are here any longer than a few days I think I would have been stir crazy having nowhere to walk to. We walked around the hotel and the neighbouring residential area which was very pretty but no nearby town or anything to see.

Wouldn’t stay here again due to the location of the hotel.

Room Tip: Front view rooms look onto the beach
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank rusties1
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Costa Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Firstly we thank you for contacting us to share your observations related to your recent holiday. We would like to suggest that on a future occasion you contact our dedicated call centre where they will gladly assist you on reserving the hotel of your dreams that fulfils all of your wishes, we do empathise with you that you found the location of our establishment was not completely to your liking at our beautiful four-star, seafront hotel that is perfect for families. Furthermore, we regret that you found our décor to be dated, we do realise that our hotel is not new, therefore, as you mention in your review regarding the pristine, cleanliness of our hotel, we do try to pamper it and maintain it to an optimum. We hope that this fact did not make your visit seem less than perfect. We are delighted to read your satisfaction with our swim up room, the gastronomical offer that was available and last but not least our wonderful team of kind and friendly staff. It would be an honour to serve you again at one of our hotels in the future until then we wish you all the best.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Extremely pleasantly surprised by our 2 weeks here. The hotel is great for families, but also for couples looking for relaxation. Food and facilities are good, but what makes the holiday are the staff - especially the animation team. In particular Estefano, Gabriel, Sheila and Juan - who are all fantastic. Entertainment is varied, but by far the best shows are when the staff lead things -in particular the horror show was fantastic - was amazing dancing and comedy!

1  Thank AliHLondontown

Dear Ali,

We want you to know how happy we are that you had such an excellent holiday with us and thank you for sharing it with others. Our team will be particularly pleased by your praise, our staff is not only particularly hospitable but are also provided continuous training in terms of service and general working practice. Therefore we are very pleased that the efforts of our employees have left a good impression on you.

Thank you again for sharing your motivating comments and we look forward to serving you again at our hotel.

Best Regards,

Iberostar Costa Del Sol

Reviewed 11 June 2018

ok picked this hotel for my wifes 50th booked with jet2 package good price hotel could not be beaten clean very nice staff, food very good quality ,entertainment good bit of something for every taste
arrived at hotel like 2hours late most of this due to typical English travellers decided to not tell jet2 they would fly with them but not use there transfer they had booked so there we were waiting for them to arrive as they had been show on flight check in ,and wo and behold there they were strutting around hotel when we got there can understand why maybe some hate British tourists.
ok hotel we had free upgrade to beach front room huge round whirlpool bath in bedroom ,looking down onto a swim up room below pool, bathroom ,shower, walk in wardrobe ,
room cleaned every day by great friendly staff .
p.s there is not a lot anywhere near this hotel car needed I think
also maybe should not write this but we booked h/b after arriving we realised we would need A/I as just 2 cokes at dinner were charged at 10 euros we asked jet2 who quoted us over £500+ £35 each for doing this the hotel charged us £284 all done just keep that in mind no brainer I believe
biggest negative of to be honest good trip all round was jet2 planes not just me may I add I travel at least3 times a year shorter and longer flights never have I had so much pain and discomfort on the decent in a plane and from what I could gather at least 50% of people both ways experienced the same

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank telnet301
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Costa Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear guest,

We want you to know how happy we are that you had such an excellent holiday with us and thank you for sharing it with others. Our team will be particularly pleased by your praise, our staff is not only particularly hospitable but are also provided continuous training in terms of service and general working practice. Therefore we are very pleased that both the efforts of our employees and our passionately prepared gastronomy have left a good impression on you.

Best Regards,