FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Booked in here and enjoyed the stay - not the best location (unless you are heading to the Bauhaus). Hotel not air-conditioned (word to the wise) and the day staffer who checked us out was incompetent (couldn't get any of my credit cards to work - a scam? I don't doubt it). But, for the price it was a pretty good experience.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2016

I overnighted in Dessau for a business trip and had to leave before 6 the next morning. The hotel made sure I had a very hearty breakfast to take away, and even enough for lunch. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. It would've been nice to have a slight thicker duvet and fluffier pillows, though. In all, I really liked this place and will not hesitate to go back next time I'm in Dessau

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2016

We chose this hotel because it is not too far from the A9 but located in a quiet, residential area. The rooms are basic but large and comfortable. Like many smaller hotels across this part of Europe, the hotel does not have air conditioning. We were there in early September and while the room was warm when we first arrived, we opened the windows and the room cooled down nicely after sunset. The breakfast was typical for the area (bread, meats and cheeses, cereals, and fruit) and very good. All in all, a comfortable stay and a good value.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed one night in this hotel during a month long cycling trip in Germany. The position is wonderful- right opposite the Bauhaus master's houses, in a quiet street- and the building itself is charmingly elegant. Secure storage for the bikes was provided.
However it is some way to the station and the town centre so best with some form of transport

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a small, quiet, clean establishment, conveniently located across the street from the newly reopened Master's Houses, which were built for the professors who taught at the Bauhaus design school when it was located in Dessau in the 1920s. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine. The hotel is also located within walking distance of the Bauhaus school itself. As far as I could tell, this establishment does not have an elevator, which may be a consideration for some guests. However, when I checked in, the receptionist cheerfully carried my suitcase up the three flights of stairs to my room. There is no restaurant but one can get drinks and coffee and enjoy them on the terrace in front of the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2014