“Overpriced average Italian food”
Review of Ristorante Rustico

Ristorante Rustico
Ranked #78 of 2,687 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

In the prime shopping area near Karstadt Zeil,the location is good but the food overpriced and average. Limited options for wine and indifferent service go only if you must and if you are in that area.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Got off the U-bahn at the 6 line terminus Ostbahnhof and wandered for ages to find a reasonable looking restaurant. This was near Konstablerwache station
As first time in area prices seemed reasonable but two moderate main courses and two beers were nearly £60.
Similar type menu to Carluccios in the UK

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We had been in Germany for a week, eating great German food, but my wife wanted a change of cuisine for dinner. I was very happy she did as this will be a restaurant stop anytime I am back in Frankfurt. The food was so good I thought I was visiting Italy. The first course was an arugula salad with grilled squid, this was an off the menu special that we had to request. The second course was “Linguine Con Tartufo E Parmiggiano”. I cannot remember the last time I had this pasta, prepared so well. Pasta was al dente, and it was just the perfect amount of white truffle. They used a parmigiana wheel for the table side preparation. The third course was grilled octopus with fresh herbed and cherry tomatoes. Highly recommend a visit if you find yourself in Frankfurt and have a desire for excellent Italian cuisine. The restaurant is just off the Zeil, close to the Westin Grand Hotel.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

The restaurant seemed to make an nice first impression, the Service was very nice but the food took forever and was not adequate to my standards.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Walked in without reservations with 3 friends and got a table no problem. Small restaurant with a nice atmosphere. Ordered drinks, 3 pasta & 1 steak for mains no starters as we were told we had the table for an hour. The waiter asked us if we wanted a plate of Antipasti for the table before the mains. Without looking at the menu we said ok. When it came it was very nice & we enjoyed it. Mains came & they were very nice too. When the bill arrived we were shocked that the Antipasti per person was more expansive than the mains we had (€67.60). We didn't look at the price which was our own fault but we felt that this was not a very nice thing to do & we left feeling that we had been tricked/stung. Wouldn't go back!