“Superb Italian cuisine in the heart of Frankfurt Germany”
Review of Ristorante Rustico

Ristorante Rustico
Ranked #85 of 2,732 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We had been in Germany for a week, eating great German food, but my wife wanted a change of cuisine for dinner. I was very happy she did as this will be a restaurant stop anytime I am back in Frankfurt. The food was so good I thought I was visiting Italy. The first course was an arugula salad with grilled squid, this was an off the menu special that we had to request. The second course was “Linguine Con Tartufo E Parmiggiano”. I cannot remember the last time I had this pasta, prepared so well. Pasta was al dente, and it was just the perfect amount of white truffle. They used a parmigiana wheel for the table side preparation. The third course was grilled octopus with fresh herbed and cherry tomatoes. Highly recommend a visit if you find yourself in Frankfurt and have a desire for excellent Italian cuisine. The restaurant is just off the Zeil, close to the Westin Grand Hotel.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

The restaurant seemed to make an nice first impression, the Service was very nice but the food took forever and was not adequate to my standards.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Walked in without reservations with 3 friends and got a table no problem. Small restaurant with a nice atmosphere. Ordered drinks, 3 pasta & 1 steak for mains no starters as we were told we had the table for an hour. The waiter asked us if we wanted a plate of Antipasti for the table before the mains. Without looking at the menu we said ok. When it came it was very nice & we enjoyed it. Mains came & they were very nice too. When the bill arrived we were shocked that the Antipasti per person was more expansive than the mains we had (€67.60). We didn't look at the price which was our own fault but we felt that this was not a very nice thing to do & we left feeling that we had been tricked/stung. Wouldn't go back!

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Came here with three other friends, without a reservation on a Friday night, and we were all pleasantly surprised. Conveniently located one half a block from the Westin hotel. Atmosphere was attractive and comfortable, so much so that we expected prices to be much higher. Service was professional, entree options plentiful, and food quality very good. I had Tortellini stuffed with ham and spinach with cream sauce - very rich and flavorful. My colleagues raved about the marinara sauce on their pasta. Beer selection could have been better but it was sufficient. Recommended.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

In Frnkfurt on Sunday night and not a lot of restaurants available but found Rustico near the Westin and very happy I did. Had carpaccio and arugala salad and shared a margherita pizza. Both were excellent and the house white wine was quite good. Liked the restaurant enough that I went back the next night and shared an arugula salad and had the pasta vongole. Again both were excellent. On both visits the service was excellent. This is a small restaurant and filled with lots of locals.