All reviews main station train station transit pass room was clean great location free public transport tickets early train travel card directly across the street convenient place to stay entire stay street noise recommend this hotel staff on reception short stay in hamburg there is no air conditioning german hotel
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This hotel is across from the Hauptbahnhof. I stayed for 12 nights. My room was very clean and well laid out. Comfortable bed and a large bathroom with shower. Good WIFI. The only issues for me were the many stairs and no help with my luggage when I checked out; and for a North American traveler I was disappointed there was no ice. The front desk referred me to the nearby Block restaurant for ice. On my first visit I was able to get ice, but on my 2nd (and last) the staff there looked at me like I was crazy. My recommendations are having an ice machine on at least one floor, and ramps or a bell captain to help with luggage.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2018

By European standards the room was huge. Very clean and comfortable. Great location as it is directly across the street from the train station. The staff were very,very helpful, especially with restaurant recommendations. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2018

really clean hotel. The location could not be better for exactly what we were wanting to do. We were surprised when the hotel receptionist gave us a 3 day pass for all public transport to use for our stay - we saved so much money and saw everything in Hamburg. We had one pleasant receptionist, the rest were a little grumpy-but heyhoe everything else was brilliant thank you

Room Tip: we stayed at the back of the hotel - it was quieter
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 69clive
Reviewed 25 February 2018

right opposite the central railway station and only 25 minute journey from the airport making it very easy to get around the city with 3 .day free transport pass from the hotel.
the room was nice and light and airy ,spotlessly clean and very comfortable bed and pillows.We decided not to have the breakfast(14 euros)a little on the expensive side but plenty of places to find alternatives close by.
The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. We would definately stay here again and highly reccommend for a short stay in Hamburg

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank salthemouse
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Ok. Firstly not my cup of tea, I was not looking forward to this hotel.
Location - The hotel is opposite the main entrance to the railway station in the centre of the city.
Positives
The hotel gives you a travel pass for three days from the date of arrival, valid on local transportation system.
The hotel breakfast was better than I expected.

The hotel uses a key system, so you return the key to the front desk, when you leave the hotel.
Hotel layout can be confusing, our room begann with a 7, which meant going up 1 floor, then turning left twice, the go down the corridor and down 1 floor, then a lift will take you to your floor.

Room was clean, and housekeeping was good. However our specific room was noisy the curtains were too short, so light pollution was a problem. We had a shower, but others in our party had baths with showers.

Do not know the cost of the hotel, as I didn’t pay the bill, I do think this is a good hotel if on a budget, staff were friendly.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends