• Pool
7THINGS - My Basic Hotel(Bremen)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 March 2016

For those who just like, value for money, comfy, clean hotel, in great location. This is ideal. Just had 3 nights there. Nice rooms. Good B/WC. Strong Wifi. Friendly family staff, the grand daughter is the receptionist. The hotel has been in the family for 80+ years. Lovely breakfast, as much as you want, very reasonable at just over 4 Euros. Only 800m walk into town centre. Bremen is a lovely small city. All attractions are within walking distance, no need for expensive taxis & the airport is very close, either by tram or about 12 Euros by taxi. Highly Recommended

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank TOMMYTAYLOR56
Reviewed 20 February 2016

Nice clean room, very comfy bed and bed linen. Pity the tram line out the front made the bathroom door rattle. If possible ask for a room on the opposite side to the main road/tram. Colleague slept on this side and could not hear road/tram at all.

Room Tip: choice a room on the opposite side to the tram/main road
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed in one of the apartments of the westfalia in Bremen for business from 25th October 2015 for one week. I reserved the hotel in advance and this was not the first time I stayed at this hotel as I had left it only 2 weeks previously. I had already had complaints about the cleaning of the apartment while I was staying in it before. They claim to clean once a week which is pretty bad in terms of cleanliness alone.
I had a few complaints, one was the breakdown of the Internet every weekend and the other was the fact that since moving in seven weeks earlier they had never cleaned any of the furniture and the dust was getting silly.
So when I came back after being away I checked in with my wife beside me and paid for one weeks rent in advance. During that week I found out that I would have to leave at the end of that week and I notified the hotel reception of this.
On the day I left they tried to charge me one months money for the Internet, for the car parking and even tried to charge me for my wife staying with me in my own apartment. I refused and left the hotel. That day I received an email threatening me with the police and local authorities for not registering my wife in Germany who was on a holiday to visit me. They then asked me to pay for cleaning the apartment for one weeks use a total of 80 euros and claimed that they could not clean my room because I only stayed one week but wanted me to pay them to clean their own room.
I refused and received another threatening email and later found out from my credit card company that they had tried to take a fraudulent payment of 80 euros on my credit card and then three weeks after that I found out from my bank that they had indeed taken 80 euros from my bank without my consent. This is Fraud...
They then sent a letter to my home in Denmark with an invoice for 80 euros with a date of arrival and departure of 30/12/1899. Over 115 years previously.
I contacted my bank and found out that they had sent a previous registration document which I signed for my first visit in August 2015, and an altered invoice compared to the one they sent me.
I would advice anybody that if you stay at this hotel do not give them your credit card details and make sure you check your bank afterwards. I stay in hotels a lot and I have never had a hotel try to take money from my account three weeks after I had already used that hotel.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
WestfaliaBremen, Inhaber at Hotel Westfalia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Dear Mr. Sherriff. I could have been nice to tell the truth. You stayed two times in one of our apartments, as some of your colleagues. Your reported us, that you where unlucky with the cleaning and the moment when you checked out and have to pay for the rent and the cleaning and the Internet also the parking. You stayed there for 6 weeks and we cleaned it every week, also with the change of towels and linen. Until check out you never told us, that the apartment was not good cleaned. I checked it, when you reported us and there were some small shortcomings, but the apartement was clean and the furniture in good conditions. When we never cleaned the apartment and every think was so bad, why you came back the second time. Then it can't have been so bad, right? Out of fairness, you did not have to pay the cleaning fee the first time. I also checked your problem with the Internet. And there was a problem with the extra box you plugged in and used for it. After i have checked, it works without any problems. When you came back from vacation, we have handed out from credulity no new lease, because we assumed that you would know and respect the rules. You have your wife not announced yet registered. According to German law you are obligated to report every person at reception desk. We told you about the additional costs and you refuse to pay these. You told us, you didn't know and we should have to told you before. But how can we do, if we didn't know that she was inside and we have to find it out be ourselves. The price for the Internet is flat-rate. Regardless of the length of your stay and is calculated for each new month beginning. Parking is the same. The final cleaning is the same. It is calculated regardsless of the length of your stay and we couldn't clean during the week, because your wife didn't let us come in for cleaning. There always was a red card at the door. When you checked out, we informed you again that you have to pay for your wife, the cleaning, the Internet. You refuse the payment for the cleaning, because you told us you didn't have to pay for it the first time and you still stayed for just a week. All the extras that you can view at any time in our price list. If you do not pay your bill, it is quite normal that we inform you that we will inform the police. You have taken good performance from us and, of course, we expect that this will also be paid. Because of didn't know to handle these situation at first we do nothing. Later we send you some mails, you called them threatening, we just want our money. Then we only debited your credit card with the cleaning, neither the staying from your wife nor to the internet. Unfortunately, our software creates invoices that are created on a specific function, with a placeholder date. This date is then in the year 1899th. We don't have any problems with your other colleagues or with our other hotel guests. We never had so much trouble with any other guests before. Most of your colleagues thanked us for the nice stay and left with a handshake.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

From the moment we arrived at Hotel Westfalia we were made to feel welcome, and could not have wished for a friendlier reception. Joel David Mckay put himself out to be helpful, and nothing was too much trouble. The bedroom was extremely comfortable, and the lounge/dining room absolutely charming, also a quaint terrace area to eat and drink.(smoking is permitted in outdoor dining or drinking areas) Super breakfast with sizzling bacon, sausage, eggs, and a comprehensive continental style. Look forward to revisit next year.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank 7ripadvisor
WestfaliaBremen, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Westfalia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Thank you so much for your application. We hope to welcome you back with us soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2014

Stayed at Westfalia Hotel for 5 days early Oct 2014, business trip.
Found staff very helpful & friendly. Room and especially bathroom spotlessly clean.
Free WiFi, good breakfast. Has a beer garden in the summer.
Best of all is the location just across the river (5 minute walk) from centre of Bremen with lots of bars, restaurants and all sightseeing. Also excellent for University of Applied Sciences visitors.
Would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Double-glazing in room fronting main road ensured good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business