“Love it!”

Price range: US$34 - US$56
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rue des Halles is the oldest French restaurant in Munich. It opened in January 1983. In May 2005 the restaurant underwent a complete renovation, resulting in its conversion into a typical Parisian style brasserie. Dishes à la carte – 3 course introductory menu to French food for 22.50 EUR (changes every week) – 3 course menu à la carte (which you put together yourself) for 37 EUR with Trou Normand (homemade apple sorbet with calvados) included – 4 course surprise menu (put together by the head cook) for 52 EUR with Trou Normand and aperitif included.
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

If you want to enjoy high quality French food, excellent services and spend a very good evening, the “ Rue des Halles” is one the place in Munich where I recommend to come.
The restaurant is situated in a very quiet environment (Haidhausen) which pleased us!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Had a family dinner organised for 17 people with a preordered menu, suggested by the staff and everything was outstanding. The stting of the long table was elegant and definitely upmarket.
The choice was: salmon tartar mit potatoe salad and dill sauce or goat cheese in puffpastry on salad, bouillabaise or veal filet and dessert per person chocolate cake, creme brulee and berry sorbet. It was perfectly prepared, well presented and generous. The veal tender and pink, the bouillabaise rich and the creme brulee plus cake and sorbet fantastic. Everybody was very happy and loved and enjoyed the food. Not to forget the amuse guele, a potatoe dill soup which I would have like more! The waiters were always smiling, very friendly and attentive, serving the food was done in no time, nobody had to wait, despite the restaurant being packed and they also recommended decent wines which were not just the most expensive, but good and liked by the wine connoissaires. They did not tell us to leave at closing time, but continued to serve us coffees, calvados and water. It was a wonderful evening and I will definitely go there again, with friends or family, and if I have to have another bigger event to celebrate, this will be my first choice. I recommend to make a reservation, because it can be quite busy.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

After 15 years back in this place. I took Schnecken /Escargots which were ok but not special. After that I had the duck which was good. We have chosen a Bordeaux for 90,- Euro because one of the friends knows french wines pretty well. The wine was the biggest disappointment. Dessert was Creme brûlée, which was excellent.
No reason to come back soon. See you in 15 years.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We ate at this restaurant a few years ago twice and always had fond memories but on this occasion on Easter Sunday we were very disappointed and left angry. The restaurant was not full, with 2 waiters on staff but the entire night we were completely ignored. It took ages to order, we all had a menu set meal with the exception to me where I had a 4th course. Every time we spoke to the waiter he replied very scarastic or rude. I had the goat cheese in puff pastry as a starter which was delicious, I enjoyed it very much. Then I had escargot which had no flavour at all. My main dish was too undercooked for my taste and also very bland, I switched it with my friend as his calf was over done and the dessert was just terrible. I had even ordered a 2nd bottle of wine to accompany the cheese. I got 3 soft cheeses with no taste whats so ever. I left the cheese, and it stayed on my table for 35 mins before a waiter approached and he only did so to clear the dishes. I said I didn't like the cheese and that you can get better cheese in a supermarket, he snapped back and said that was my review which he didn't care about. And he was right, he didn't care about us the entire night, He didn't even once asked us if we enjoyed our courses. They also have no knowledge of wines, I asked for a full body and I got medium wines 6 times the market price. They could of taken my uneaten cheese off the bill but they didn't bother, so for the first time ever, I didn't leave a tip. They are much much better French restaurants in Munich, this place has lost its taste and its service. I paid EUR 277 for garbage.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Back for a third visit and still love the place. Is it the food? Yes. Is it the staff? Yes. Is it a great dining experience? Yes. Located in a safe neighborhood with many restaurant, Rue des Halles is a quiet, smaller, take your time to savor the food place to dine. Reservation recommended. Take you choice of the blackboard specials or ample menu choices to enjoy fine creative fine French food. The aromas, presentation and flavors are mean to be savored. We did not go away hungry. Definitely try the appetizers. Each in our party loved the choices. Best veal chop or rack of lamb. Do not bypass the dessert, especially champagne sorbet. One comment regarding the bill. They need to decide if they accept credit cards or not. Ours was 'reluctantly' accepted.