US$359
  • Pool
Hotel Laimer Hof(Munich)
TripAdvisor
1,170 results
All reviewsrailway stationlarge bathroomby footcity centremunich airportmarienplatzsinksmeats
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I stayed at this location as part of a World War II tour group. I'm not sure why recent reviews of this property were negative because my room and stay was exceptional. Floors were wood laminate which gave the room a rustic feeling. The sleeping area and the restroom/shower was exceptionally clean. Hallways were well lit and well kept. Staff was accommodating but didn't go out of the way to recognize its visitors. The hotel is minutes away from the train station which has an abundance of dining and light shopping areas. The breakfast buffet was exceptional. Ignore the negative reviews. This is a nice place.

Room Tip: Despite the traffic noise, I enjoyed the city view room. Corner suites are great.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank JDTaylor2013
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The photos say it all. We arrived to a room that smelt of smoke with sockets off the wall and windows taped up (see photos) we immediately asked to move and the reception staff obliged, they did say though that they knew the window was broken! The room we moved to was not much better, old furniture, brown stains in curtains which I really am hoping was coffee! Dirty old sofa, marked lamps and broken wardrobe. The bathroom was also dirty with a broken sink and a toilet that leaked back through the floor so we were left with yellow stains all over the floor. Brown stains on pillowcases, and toys that had been stuffed down the sofa from another guest that obviously had not been cleaned up! Also we were relaxing in room one day and a cleaner just walked in without knocking (our room had already been made up) so I did wonder why they needed to come back in, they looked very shocked that we were sat there. I have asked the hotel directly for a response but surprisingly never had a reply. Also extremely noisy at night! What I will say is that the staff are lovely especially Isobel in the breakfast room. Unfortunately we will not be returning.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Nebbsebbs
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The room size is good and cleaning is adequate. Quality of the breakfast food quite average, although service is good. The wifi at the rooms is weak and intermittent, you need to go down to the lobby to be able to use wifi. Quite a disappointment!. The best thing of this hotel is its location, near to the train tram and underground stations. It is also at walking distance from Marienplatz.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are better since street noise can be a problem.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank manglar13
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I spent 2 nights here and was so happy to leave. The carpet in my room was filthy - stains everywhere. There was also a broken lamp attached to the wall at my bed with exposed live wires! Unacceptable standards for a hotel.

In saying that, the staff were lovely, the bar is nice and breakfast is fine.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank lauralaura2017
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Pros/cons:

+ The stuff was nice and kind
+ Location

- Im pretty sure that the pictures of room were photoshopped because the room looked neat and clean in pictures but the awful truth was that the room was:
- dirty
- dusty
- it smelled moldy
- room temperature was about +28 because of no air condition in the room
- the furnitures were broken and dirty

We signed out about in 1.5hour of arrival.
I cannot recommend this hotel, it is not definetly a four star hotel, 2 star at most.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple