“Pretty good food after a hike”
Review of Onkel Otto

Onkel Otto
Ranked #135 of 1,522 Restaurants in Stuttgart
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We hiked up Gablenberg (about 45 minutes from Wagenburgtunnel) to go to Onkel Otto (on a weekday, around 6pm). We were for sure starving! There were many seats outside, but on a cool day we preferred sitting inside, which wasn't too hard, there were multiple groups at the restaurant, but it wasn't packed.
We had to place our order at the counter, and they would call out our order number.
I ordered the calamari with salad (unlimited servings at their buffet). It was pretty good I found, not too elastic like other squid/calamari rings I had. The portion was large, so I had leftovers for later. The garlic sauce was very good too. It's good that there was a salad as well, helped with the large dish. My boyfriend had some schnitzel, and the portion was huge!
Overall it was good, I was satisfied with the experience, and in terms of portion size I definitely got my money's worth. It's not top quality fine dining, but I don't think I can expect that from fried calamari!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Great typical Stuttgart restaurant, with its specialities in Schnitzel! You can have them with many different sauces, and the sizes are huge!
Try the XXL... see if you can finished!
Very nice people and awesome food and atmosphere

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We tried three dishes that were tastefull and especially the special potatoes with the garlic dip. However, they asked us to sit with two strangers even though the reserve tables didn't show up as long as we were there. Furthermore, you may find that the food is frozen or precooked. Worth the try !!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Arrived around 5pm on a Saturday without a reservation, but was seated promptly since there weren’t many people there although a lot of tables were reserved. The schnitzel weiner art - XXL size was huge, but the schnitzel was perfectly cooked and tasted great! The fries were crispy even though they were under the schnitzel. The schwabische kasespatzle was really good and flavorful and stayed warm in the cast iron pan! It came with the buffet salad which had really fresh ingredients. The wine and beer were just ok though. Good service though!! Would definitely recommend this place!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Very nice and tasty Schnitzel and other local food from the region. Good compination of quality and prices.

Date of visit: January 2018