“Not that great ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came here for lunch, and we were really disappointed. The service wasn’t friendly at all, and the food was a let down. The croque monsieur was very basic, and with so many other good cafes in town I wouldn’t come here again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Appaling! The socca was a joke, full of oil. The sandwich was made with ingredients that were not fresh at all. The service was expeditive. To avoid.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Great location for the 5 pm people watch. It's just off Place Garibaldi which is in shade at this time of the day in winter when seeking the last hour of warmth and brightness is important.

Some people may not like sitting right in the hustle, but we enjoy it as do many locals, including high school kids from the ecole across the street.

We also like the genuine brusque servers though some might confuse this as French rudeness.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We have tried this restaurant on few occasions over the last several years, and although we have never really found it a great place to stop and eat, the location at least allowed us an opportunity to stop for a quick drink and snack when we were out and about. Our experience this time, however, has taken this off of our "go-to" places.
When we arrived, the waiter asked if we were there for drinks or were we going to eat as well. We said we were there for drinks and a snack. It went down hill from there. He sat us at an unmade table. No cutlery, no place setting of any kind. OK, he'll bring out something when he serves our drinks (glass of poor quality wine and a beer). When the drinks arrived he spilled the wine on the table. We had to ask him to clean it up,and his response was to grab a napkin from a nearby "made-up" table and wiping up most of the wine with a swishy motion to more spread it around than actually clean it.
We ordered a Socca and a slice of cheese pizza. In terms of food, it wasn't all that bad, and certainly edible. He brought out a napkin, knife and fork for me and that was it. No place mats, no knife for my wife so she used the one I got with my pizza. In the meantime, other patrons were seated and served water with their orders (no bigger than our order). Our water apparently got lost on the way to the table.
So after feeling like they really didn't want us there at worst, or didn't;t care if we were there at best, it was time to ask for the bill and leave. Generally I am a tolerant with a pretty high level of patience, but when you have to ask for the bill four (4) times I think that's bit much. I went inside to track down the waiter and when he saw me coming he went right to the cash to produce my bill.
I should also point out that we were there mid-week and it was not very busy, so that was not an excuse for very poor service.
I would suggest that they need an entire re-vamp other customer service model (or lack thereof). Pity, because it is a good and convenient location. Oh well, we did find a much better place just around the corner.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

By far the worst restaurant I have ever been to. We are two New Zealand travellers visiting Nice for a day, and we’re recommended to try some of the Niçois specialities so tried out this place. We speak very good French and asked for a table for two. They replied in English and sat us in a dark corner, then ignored us for about 10 minutes after giving us our menus. We wanted to leave then (as the place was empty but they weren’t taking our order) but decided to stay so as to not be rude. The man who finally took our order was completely rude and disrespectful. One water glass had something floating in it and the cutlery was dirty. We waited a little while for the food, and when it came we were pretty shocked. The hamburger which we asked to be “well done” was completely raw on one side and the bun was probably 4 days old and stale, and burnt on top. We tried to eat what we could, and when we finally got the waiter’s attention to let him know that the meal was inedible he told us it was too late because we’d eaten the fries. Even though we communicated in French that we didn’t enjoy the food, they made us pay for everything (€30 for two dishes!!) and chucked in a free takeaway coffee as if that made our experience any better. This kind of service would not happen anywhere else, we left absolutely appalled and having wasted a good hour of our time. Avoid this place at all costs!!! We don’t know how they’re allowed to be open, frankly.