2,675 results
All reviews majestic barriere private beach sea view room service film festival star hotel red carpet french riviera large bathroom perfect location hotel guests fantastic hotel mini bar cote d'azur per day beach restaurant junior suite
Reviewed 12 September 2015

The property is great! The grounds and lobby appear to have been renovated in the last few years. The breakfast was delicious offering wide range of options, book a room with breakfast included in the rate or expect to add 40€ per person.
Yes you should expect to pay for beach club access, this is very common in Cannes.
My only gripe would be the rooms are a bit dated and small, but clean.
The staff was super accomadating.

Room tip: Pick an ocean view room!
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor!

I am really glad to read you enjoyed your stay on September among us. Be sure that I will share your kind comments with my staff . As for the rooms, we do a constant work on improving and refurbishing for your comfort .

I hope to welcome you back very soon at Le Majestic.

Sincerely

Pierre-Louis Renou
Managing Director

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Don't get me wrong, this is a lovely hotel and in a great location in Cannes. It has all the hallmarks you would expect from a 5 star luxury hotel. It's expensive for food and drink but then again it should be.

My only gripe is that i feel charging guests who are paying top dollar for a room an additional fee to access their private beach and pool area seemed excessive and unnecessary. I really feel costs to access basic amenities should be included in the price.

If you're wealthy enough to not care about paying 60 euros a day to access a pool then i'd recommend staying here. However, other 5 star hotels on the French Riviera don't charge extra to access private beaches and pools so i would definitely reconsider for future trips to Cannes.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PatrickT79
Reviewed 9 September 2015

invasion of privacy is obviously no issue with the staff here, they would help themselves into the room while you are in it without being embarrassed about it, and they are not friendly at all!
the filth in the rooms is speak-able of
the concierge and reception are even worse
the lobby is an awful trick that seduces you into thinking that it is a luxurious retreat but dont get fooled.
way too overpriced for a horrible cheat, and they didnt even give us the correct room at the first night!
we were cheated out of our sea view room for a night!
awful awful hotel.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank rsf425
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

I am sorry to say, but the room of a 5 star hotels can't be like on photo.
It's 2 stars. Forget about luxury gold walls in a hall. Forget about famous name.

It was terrible to stay at such a room of this hotel.
The room #565.
As I understand there are a lot of such a quality rooms.

Never was before at such a bad hotel.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank AlexDavidenko
Reviewed 4 September 2015

I know what to expect from the average French 5 star hotel but I have never received such bad service combined with dirty, low grade rooms.
Our rooms smelt of vomit, there were stains over the walls, the bathroom floor was covered in hairs and dirt.
We were jumped on by hotel security on the beach for bringing a frozen yoghurt on the private beach for my wife, even as though we we spent about €12000 in one week in this hotel (they also don't sell frozen yoghurt).
My wife and children were very embarrassed in front of the other guests for being told off by their security.
I complained to the hotel duty manager who pretended to be sorry but ignored us and lied to us.
The rooms were very noisy and some nights our children were still awake at 4am

This hotel is an utter disgrace, pretentious, ignorant, over priced.
Never Again!!