1,053 results
All reviews rooftop pool platinum member room service la croisette film festival separate shower perfect location partial sea view upgraded to a suite lobby area people watching beach club south of france small balcony amazing hotel nice airport public beach
Reviewed 17 February 2016

The JW Marriott is situated on the seafront (With a road between it and the beach) and is located a 10 minute walk from the conference centre (Where the Film Festival is held) and this is also where the main town centre is also. The location is great, the hotel is what you would expect from a Marriot in terms of cleanliness and comfort. The swimming pool is on the roof (Floor 5) and is modest in size, the roof terrace has great views out to the sea and surrounding areas. The Gym situated on the first floor is quite small, it covers the basic requirements (Cardio, cycle, running, weights).

The room I had on the 5th floor was a nice size, it has a very small balcony and a large bathroom. Clean and comfortable.

The restaurant offered a nice selection and the food was of high standard.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2016

The JW Marriott Cannes has a good history as the place where the famous film festival started, at that time it was not a Marriott hotel.
The location close to the beach is good, but staying in the hotel in a small room for a high rate is not what you are hoping for.

Date of stay: October 2015
Estelle H, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Dear MortenBR,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is lovely to see you appreciated our unique history and location, and I thank you for taking your time to share these attributes with the world. Our room sizes are standard for 5-star hotels. However, we do have larger suites, in several different categories, which are an excellent choice for those who prefer a more spacious accommodation. Please feel free to contact me prior to your next visit to Cannes, and I shall be delighted to help find the most perfect room for you.
Best regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2016

This is the hotel which spurred me into catching up on my Trip advvisor reviews. As a 5 Star establishment I had certain expectations. Very few ( apart from the prices in the bar) were met. The lifts hardly work and are exceptionally slow, the rooms and public areas are dated and wor, but the most irritating bit is breakfast. Anywhere else in the world I would accept those frozen part baked croissant’s that all hotels seem to have started using ( you know, the little ones?), but in France? In a 5 star hotel? No, that’s not on. I also strongly dislike those scrambled eggs which are perfectly uniformly yellow ( because they come from a carton, pasteurised, not from an egg!) so I asked for 2 sunny side up fried eggs instead, and was told that I could not have them because they are not able to prepare them! Poor show Marriott

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mattfromnorfolk
Estelle H, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2016

Dear valued guest,

Being one of Cannes most renowned luxury establishment, I can certainly understand that you had high expectations on your stay. It is with great regret we learn that there are parts of our hotel and service that needs to be reviewed. I thank you for giving us this opportunity to improve, and I hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you to a stay in the future that not only meets but exceeds your expectations.

I remain at your service.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights on a business trip. The facilities are ok and the location is fantastic. That being said, the service was very disappointing: very rude waiters literally pushing hosts around. During lunch and dinner events they were not attentive and they took food away from us when time was up, even though people were still eating. We were literally kicked out of the restaurant because we were slow eaters and they wanted to close down already. Food quality was also very poor and bar super expensive. Wouldn't recommend.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Leticia V

Dear Leticia V,

Whilst we appreciated you taking your time to share your impressions of your experience at our hotel, it truly saddened us to learn that you left our hotel disappointed. Our Director of Food & Beverage will review this matter in detail and shall be sharing it with his team. Meanwhile, on the behalf of the team, I extend you our sincere apologies for having failed to recognize your needs. We hope to serve you better on your next visit to Cannes, and we thank you for helping us in our constant strive to improve our hotel and services.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 February 2016

We stayed here 3 nights in February 2016. The hotel is very clean and great staff. All you look for in a hotel. We had a room on the second floor, newly renovated with a view of the ocean. Breakfast is great and we tried the restaurant the night we can and it was good with very attentive staff. Would definitely come here again.

Room tip: Very nice rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple